GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I took the GIAC GTI to the drag strip on Satuday & came home with a new K04 record!

Austin@giac

Ready to race!
I took the GIAC GTI to the drag strip on Satuday & came home with a new K04 record!

I had a chance to bring the GTI back to the drag strip for a private drag event over the weekend with our latest and greatest public release files. The strip was Famoso Raceway and the conditions were decent, but not amazing. Density Altitude was around +600 for most of the day, reaching around 1000’ at one point. That said, the temperatures were right around 60 degrees (altitude of the track is 642 feet) for my runs.

Details:
Car: 2012 VW GTI DSG MK6
Fuel: Sunoco 260 GTX 104 octane fuel
Driver: 6’2” 230 lbs.​

Mods:
  • GIAC Extreme TSI software for 2.0T TSI Engine software – Race mode
  • GIAC Stage 3 DSG software
  • AWE Tuning K04 kit
  • AWE Tuning CC|B Intake
  • BCS Automotive 3” turbo back exhaust with high flow cat
  • AWE PCV hose, diverter valve + BCS performance boost gauge
  • Snow Performance Stage 3 methanol injection kit – 50/50 blend, 375 mL nozzle, progressive spray
  • Enkei RPF1 17”x8” with Hoosier Street Drag Radials 245/45/18
  • Wavetrac Limited Slip differential

Weight Reduction: Seat, Spare, OEM tool kit

Other notes: BCS performance coil over suspension, OEM engine/dog bone mounts, OEM throttle body pipe, OEM clutch packs, All factory body panels, OEM battery, 19x8.5” Rotiform NUE with Hankook RS3 tires in the rear, OEM battery, OEM brakes, OEM seats.

0-60 in 3.3 seconds with the Hoosiers:

I started the day at 18 psi (cold) for tire pressure. The best I could manage was a 1.9 60' time with massive wheel hop. I thought the engine was going to come through the hood it was so bad, but the car was starting to hook up. Then I decided to drop my tire pressure to 14 psi, and that is when it all came together. There was absolutely no wheel hop, and the 3700 RPM launch limiter worked very well. Though it did drop the trap speed a bit.

Overall my best trap speed on the day was 118.90 mph
My best ET was 11.602@117.26 (96 mph through the 1/8th mile!).

Slips:

I've got some in car videos that I will post up shortly.

kruegernaut

I'm from Detroit, Man...
0-60 in 3.3 seconds with the Hoosiers:

Overall my best trap speed on the day was 118.90 mph
My best ET was 11.602@117.26 (96 mph through the 1/8th mile!).

I've got some in car videos that I will post up shortly.

Wow!!! Nice numbers!!! Cant wait to see video of that!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
GO GIAC!!

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Curious as to how you got up to a 375 ml nozzle? Do you get any bogging? I'm debating on whether to add a 60, 100, or 125 ml to my current 225ml nozzle. On one hand I think 350ml is overkill but I see more and more people going to 375ml/m or so. I'm leaning more towards a 60ml based on the DO calculator and a couple of other peoples experiences.

Last edited:

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
how about FSI?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
wow. thats amazing! what kind of numbers is that car putting to the wheels on that setup?

ps i can't wait to get the file for my f23 and get it to the track. should be interesting to see how well it performs compared to this tune

Too many other variables to compare tune to tune. He has LSD and Hoosiers, unless you have those kind of traction enhancers you won't beat his times even if you have a little more power.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Too many other variables to compare tune to tune. He has LSD and Hoosiers, unless you have those kind of traction enhancers you won't beat his times even if you have a little more power.

True. Interested in seeing stock weight and street tire outcome. Wasn't there an awe video using giac file runnin high 11s on full street set up?