GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cigarette Lighter Light/Ring Burnt Out?

gti19835

Passed Driver's Ed
That's TN. That's what I thought too, but how do you get to the bulb? how do you take it apart so you can remove the green thing? this thing will not defeat me

EDIT

OK! I got the green thing off. Yes the bulb is enclosed inside of it. Now I need to figure out how to take the green thing apart so I can get the bulb.

EDIT

OK off to get the bulb now.

Last edited:

Dearmer77

Ha beats me? It's in there somewhere. I just don't remember messing with it too much when I was wiring my lights.

I try to remove it....at the end I broke it...so guys don`t try that it`s too complicated and you end by broken the green part :mad:

xJOKERx

For anyone needing information on how to open this... I just came across this because the bulb in mine burned out a week ago. Found the bulb at www.autolumination.com for $1.00 plus shipping. (no one in the area carried it)

Here's a picture of the opened green bulb holder.

If you look at the picture, you can take and lightly squeeze the 2 green tabs on the side together and take a small screwdriver (glasses repair kit type) and pull down on the back top of the bulb holder. After a little bit of prying it comes apart easily. Very simple replacement if anyone needs to know.

Type 74 bulb P# N0177512 (VW part number)

hope this helps!

Attachments

• 2012-03-02 17.30.40.jpg
    2012-03-02 17.30.40.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 4,217
  • 2012-03-02 17.31.14.jpg
    2012-03-02 17.31.14.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 4,273

AdamWe

Guys - this is the most comprehensive post on the topic I can find, and it STILL doesn't explain how you get the green bulb holder off the orange plastic casing. I've been pulling and prodding but I know I'm going to break it.

AdamWe

Right, in the spirit of this thread I've managed to do it before anyone could answer- the green plastic bulb holder will ease away from the orange plastic if you use a flat bladed plastic trip remover, stick it in between at the bottom and twist it gently a few times.

It's clipped on either side using the same clips that hold the two halves of the bulb holder together. Hard to describe but wiggle gently and it will eventually come free. What a pain though