GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VIC - Winter Cruise in early July

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
I did a pre-run yesterday of the "suggested" cruise for the 3rd of July. I'd like to propose some changes.

With the exception of a short windy bit of road between Strath Creek and Broadford (near the Murchison Spur Road), it is my view that the drive from Kinglake West to Flowerdale and on to Lancefield is really not worth the effort. In addition, I have a concern that the Flowerdale Pub might not be able to accomodate us for lunch. It's only a small pub. Sometimes it's hard to get a table.

So, I propose the following adjustment.

Departing half and hour later.....at 10.30am.....we stop for lunch at the Kinglake Pub. It may even be possible to book a table via phone from the meeting point, once we know how many participants there are.

After lunch, we proceed to the Yan Yean Reservoir for a photoshoot. Being 20 minutes from the Metropolitan Ring Road, this will enable participants to go their separate ways, with relative ease.

The overall cruise is now reduced to 151 klms with a time frame of just over 2 hours. The later start will enable all you party animals to sleep in just that little bit longer.

Here is the revised map. PLEASE post your thoughts. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

buckets

Ready to race!
That looks like a good trip out Chris....certainly better than the 'cruise' Nick suggested! :lol:

Still in for this one!

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
Yeah I'm up for this one.

I must apologise for a luck lustre effort on planning this. Caught me at a bad time with work and some uni exams.

Back on deck however!

thefullarchie

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI, BM, 3Dr, MT
Keen, like the idea of the shorter route.
is someone going to post this up on vwgolf.net too? would be good to get a decent crew along.

melbv

time to modify
Car(s)
speed
AOK atm....
i have a kinglake CFA under construction up in the hills :)

melbv

time to modify
Car(s)
speed

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Not to worry. We have a couple of likely lads from that other forum who are keen to join us.

So Mr. G, are we going to see the Polo?