GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Semting Headunit

y4zhuang

sorry for the double post but was also wondering if you can look and find songs quicker on the unit because i see that the IPOD locks when its connected to the car.

MKVPugs19

Never Forget 343
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Help! Problem with my nav! Like a jack ass i was messing around and turned down the brightness all the way on my navigation screen. Now I cant figure out where to tap on the screen to turn it back up. I tried to reset to factory settings but it didnt work...

aplusmiami

Passed Driver's Ed
Help! Problem with my nav! Like a jack ass i was messing around and turned down the brightness all the way on my navigation screen. Now I cant figure out where to tap on the screen to turn it back up. I tried to reset to factory settings but it didnt work...

I think that is an iGo setting. You may have to edit the sys.txt file on the SDCard.

I am not sure this applies with this unit, I have edited this file on another GPS that uses iGO. I believe the setting is under the POWER heading in the sys.txt file on the SD.

I recommend backing up that SD card and making a copy on to another SD to mess with iGo.

I'll post more tricks once I start to mess with the GPS. I really like TomTom and heard this will work on this unit. On a mission looking for info on this.

Semting

Audio & Video
Hey rory,

I don't know if i'm not plugging something in, but before installing the unit. I would have a really nice deep bass. I'm not sure if there was a sub but there was nothing connecting to the OEM one (that i took out) The semting one doesn't seem to give me deep bass.

I'm not sure if there's something i can adjust. I turned bass up on the EQ but it wouldn't be deep at all.

Not a deal breaker at all but just curious

So you played with the software EQ and turned Bass all the way up? If you want some serious bass invest in a subwoofer is my best advice. Apart from the software EQ there isn't much else you can do.

I think that is an iGo setting. You may have to edit the sys.txt file on the SDCard.

I am not sure this applies with this unit, I have edited this file on another GPS that uses iGO. I believe the setting is under the POWER heading in the sys.txt file on the SD.

I recommend backing up that SD card and making a copy on to another SD to mess with iGo.

I'll post more tricks once I start to mess with the GPS. I really like TomTom and heard this will work on this unit. On a mission looking for info on this.

:thumbsup:

Semting

Audio & Video
We are replacing the capacitors in our newest units, so those who just ordered recently just hold on until we ship them out, it will be better for you. Anyone with issues, I sent off all the problems to the manager tonight, 10:53 PM EST, hoping to hear back tomorrow.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
We are replacing the capacitors in our newest units, so those who just ordered recently just hold on until we ship them out, it will be better for you. Anyone with issues, I sent off all the problems to the manager tonight, 10:53 PM EST, hoping to hear back tomorrow.

Must...be...patient...

DUB2OT

Banned
^^ means you're one is about to go down soon.
:lol:

Azone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW Jetta MKV TD
Uh oh, I have a major problem. I was driving along today and everything was working fine but then halfway through my drive I looked down and saw that the screen completely washed out. The music kept playing and the unit functions just fine...but the screen is pretty much kaput. I tried power cycling and resetting with no luck. What do I do?

I took photos, but because they're in daylight it's hard to capture the difference.

Semting

Audio & Video
Uh oh, I have a major problem. I was driving along today and everything was working fine but then halfway through my drive I looked down and saw that the screen completely washed out. The music kept playing and the unit functions just fine...but the screen is pretty much kaput. I tried power cycling and resetting with no luck. What do I do?

I took photos, but because they're in daylight it's hard to capture the difference.

What do you mean the screen washed out?

Azone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW Jetta MKV TD
Here, I attached a couple photos. Notice how everything is significantly lighter. Also in the first picture if you look at the top left corner, you can see a bit of blue showing up. Think of it as Windows running in safe mode.

Edit: Additionally, if you look at the second photo, you can see the home screen buttons are lightly in the background. I don't recall if it was like this before.

Attachments

• DSC_0321.JPG
    DSC_0321.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 813
  • DSC_0324.JPG
    DSC_0324.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 611
Last edited: