GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flapenn

2011 Wheel Gap Champion
umm some guy just came to my door asking me if i wanted a tamale because he cooked a bunch for the guy across the street from me. HAHA i was like uh no its cool im not hungry thanks tho. He kept goin on how he made a really good tamale and he has one left hes trying to get rid of.

Idk i just thought i would share my encounter, either way that guy was super nice trying to come to my house to feed me. hahahah

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
^^^ haha maybe but now hes sitting in front of my house eating them

This guy sells a few people in my neighborhood tamales. I asked my neighbor one time about them. Said they are great. So I bought a few off him last time. Best Tamale I have ever had.

Electricalbox

OMG CAT FTW!
This guy sells a few people in my neighborhood tamales. I asked my neighbor one time about them. Said they are great. So I bought a few off him last time. Best Tamale I have ever had.

QFT it must be a so cal thing because I have had this exact same thing happen. One of my old friend's mom cooks them for people as well.

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
I fixed my Cabby today, and instead of pulling the entire pedal cluster out which would take the better part of a day, I decided to fix it myself. Thanks to PatientlyWaiting for pointing me to a thread on the152.com which gave me the idea.

Here's the firewall where the bracket that attaches to the pedal assembly should be...

Here's the bracket that broke off of the pedal assembly...

Here's what I used to fix it. A 1/2" floor flange and a 1/2" nipple from the plumbing dept. of your local home store.

Screw the nipple in from the back so the raised portion of the flange can rest inside the hole in the firewall. Measure the flat part of the firewall and cut the flange accordingly so it sits flat. This is what you will come up with...

Clean up the edges and cut the nipple so about an inch is exposed past the bottom of the flange...

I removed the plastic stop from my old clutch cable so I could check the fit...

Fits perfect...

Grab your new clutch cable (if you need or want one) and slide your new piece onto it and install...

Adjust your clutch cable, and you're done. All told with travel, this took about 2 hours and $5 (not including the new clutch cable I installed).

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
nice fix Chris. Hate with PO dont know what they are doing. Shoulda seen this 240 my buddy bought from an auction. It was so many random parts strung together.

PatientlyWaiting

is waiting patiently
Thanks to PatientlyWaiting for pointing me to a thread on the152.com which gave me the idea.

The knucklehead PO put a new clutch cable in it and left parts out as well as putting in parts that didn't belong :mad0259:

That sounds exactly what happened with my bitch basket. Shit was n-rigged to all hell. The "cable housing stop/bulkhead" conveniently broke off the fire wall somewhere far from home. Had a skateboard in the trunk, took a wheel off and put it at the end of the cable to get me home. Worked a charm.

I ended up welding a washer to a small piece of pipe. It's essentially the same as what you have. Drastically changes the feel of the clutch, because now you have something for the cable housing to tighten onto. The clutch cable system on the Mk1 is more at home on a bicycle, let alone a car.

Glad that link helped you out dude, your execution was spot on. :thumbsup:
The mk1 was by far the most frustrating car to live with, but smiles per miles per hours power per dollar, nothing will ever beat it. Enjoy that shit, I know I did mine!

Super awesome (yet well composed) drunken post ftw!

Status
Not open for further replies.