GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

(SYD) Northern Drive Message Board!

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
Verdict please...

The bluefin felt more linear and didn't come on as hard as the APR, Shannons car now funny enough feels smoother from a power delivery perspective. So much better than stock.

APR still is linear but feels more in your face and the APR feels like it has more power up top.. kinda like it gets a 2nd wind at 5000rpm.

Ultimately I think the APR still has more overall power and it's delivered in to bursts 2500 and 5000rpm. While the Bluefin feels linear in the same spots and offering a smoother drive.

I think you'll like the Bluefin more Rocco.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Did 168kw/280Nm on the Mainline Dyno this morning. So the Bluefin isn't as powerful as the APR (187kw). Graphs are very linear with no major peaks and drops right up to 6400RPM.

As Mike has mentioned, the engine now is smoother and the delivery more linear than before (can't feel the lag now). The car feels more refined (as the engine now doesn't have to rev up to 4000RPM to produce the same torque/power at 3000RPM). Could be seen as bad or good depending on your tastes. I definately like the linearity but do miss the Banshee wail of the engine when it was stock.

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
Just for reference Shannon this was my graph on a similar dyno

Post yours and we can compare the power delivery.

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
This is the one from today...

Quite similar from a curve perspective just more power from the APR.

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
Guys, I know we sometimes trawl Carsales to see what's out there.
I spotted a silver CS still sitting at its dealer, haha.

I also spotted this. Loved the plates and the fact that it's made out to be a really, really nice spec, but never tracked or daily driven.

Check out those ks! No wonder they are selling it!

If I was shopping for a new car I'd definitely have this as an out-there alternative!

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=13&R=9956056