GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CAN bus Gateway Location

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
Two current flow diagrams from the > 05.2005 models and the rest are for later models.

You might want to consider replacing the roof mounted antenna with a new standard whip (you're not using the GPS on the roof with the RNS 510 are you??) or get an adapter for the RNS 510 and fit either a sharkfin with GPS or a whip and GPS antenna from a later model.

Of course first I would try joining them together but I'm not sure this would work. I wouldn't damage the connectors to test that out however.

Attachments

• radio_from_may_2007.pdf
    489.5 KB · Views: 767
  • radio_and_navigation_from_may_2006.pdf
    571 KB · Views: 898
  • radio_and_navigation_from_october_2005.pdf
    314.1 KB · Views: 569
  • radio_from_september_2003.pdf
    487 KB · Views: 625
  • radio_and_navigation_from_september_2003.pdf
    339.3 KB · Views: 460

badboy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GTI MK V
Yes i'm using shark fin as GPS. an adaptor of some sort seems the best option. Is there a simple way of connecting the two wires as all the connectors are female?

Last edited:

orix69

Hi all,

When I installed the new gateway and tried to code it with VAG-COM, it asks for a code (0-65535). Does anyone know how I can obtain this?

Many Thanks!

Last edited:

orix69

more info required. can you copy and paste everything?

Hi,

Nope. I select the CAN gateway and select coding. As soon as I hit this button, it prompts me for a code. Any ideas?
Local VW dealer is being a bit of a pain as they aren't willing to help out because the part was not purchased via them.

Thanks!

flywalker

I finally have new can gateway installed , however I have one fault remaining -

03138 - Input AUX IN
011 - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101011

I have tried to clear the fault but it keeps returning . I noticed this fault on Badboys list of faults & wondered was there another way of clearing it ?

Thanks

Last edited:

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
mine has that too.
but i don't have auz in so no big deal.

Jason.

badboy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GTI MK V
Finally success. After thinking i was ripped off $100 for some cables they turned up even though I hadn't heard anything from the German sellers. I made the connections and now radio works beautifully and the fault is now finally gone. Mission accomplished. :happyanim:

Attachments

• resized_DSC02000.jpg
    resized_DSC02000.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 2,628
  • resized_DSC02003.jpg
    resized_DSC02003.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,615
  • resized_DSC02005.jpg
    resized_DSC02005.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 2,769
  • resized_DSC02006.jpg
    resized_DSC02006.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 2,742
  • resized_DSC02009.jpg
    resized_DSC02009.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 3,443

badboy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GTI MK V
I know the reception bar isn't even half way but where I live thats good and was the same signal strength with the old satnav.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• resized_DSC02008.jpg
    resized_DSC02008.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 2,594

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
good news.

gmc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2014 Golf R
Could you post the exact cable config that you ordered? I'm going to have to order them too to fix the same issue in my car.

badboy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GTI MK V
Just for future referrences to this thread who require these cables there are some hurdles. The first was the people who sell them don't usually sell outside of Germany so a lot of begging took place. This is their site and there is an ebay store
http://www.telebox-live.de/

The second hurdle was they don't accept paypal payments and only want direct payment to bank account so after searching around I found this company to be the best option. This is their site.

https://secure.tranzfers.com/home.asp

I ended up paying $100au and got 1 extra cable that I don't require. I hope this helps and just be persistant when asking for the cables. I'm sure they'll help.

brownhornet

Ditto. My 11/05 build RHD was in this spot and same F model Gateway as well. Looks like I'll be waiting for the AA gateway in the post before installing the RNS510...

I finally found the bloody thing. Reason I couldn't find it is because it's not near the relays. Its directly above the left hand foot rest so pulling out all those relays was an experience but not necessary. My GTI is a 2006 model so this is probably why.
I have photos to show my catch:fighting0030: