GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Australian For Sale/Wanted thread

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
There are replicas available in the States I believe, but unsure of any firm details. I suspect Rani from ABI Wheels might know if they're available. But if you wanted OEM you'd need to buy direct from VW or snaffle a used set I reckon.

Tiny Gti

Banned
Car(s)
05 GTI MKV DSG 5DR
I wonder why 2 of them only have 30% tread left :laugh:

Just checked out your garage mate, sweet ride...:drool:
Does it scrub with the 19s? I'm thinking of getting 19s also...what tyres are you running them on?

Thanx mate!

Sorry just saw this post!

Selling the wheels for a mate! only 30% left bcoz he got GIAC'd ! :burnrubber:

Only got a bit of rub on the top of the tyre (No sidewall scrbbing at all front or back) due to the screw under the front wheel arch! but if you bend it back a bit its fine! I'd definately recommend 19"s Im running Hankook Ventus K104's they are a great tyre. Like em better than the conti's to be honest! Was not impressed with the Conti;s at all! Dont believe the hype with them!

Good luck!:thumbup:

Tiny Gti

Banned
Car(s)
05 GTI MKV DSG 5DR
Erm, I was talking about wheels. :iono:

Ahhh, but I made that reply in response to a post somewhere else, in reference to the 18" Hufs. Haha, don't mind me. :laugh:

Sorry dude, I couldnt see what you were respnding too, and thought it might be the last posted!:thumbup:

Rany will have 18" Huff Replica's shortly I believe!:thumbsup:

www.stores.ebay.com.au/ABI-wheels

Ph: 02 9773-3380

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
dude speak to Guy Harding - he's retrofitted it before and said you could have it fitted for around $700 (but don't quote me/him on that! haha)

I spoke to Guy a few weeks back about the whole thing. Need to have a chat with him again soon. I can't remember if he said he did it or if it was someone else who had it done...

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
The part alone is in the $700 range..
Fitting and access to someone with VAGCOM is extra..

Finally being able to change audio track on the steering wheel like you should've been able to from the start if VW Aus had half a frickin' brain and allowed us to spec the MFA+ upon ordering for $200 extra like VW do everywhere else in the world?? Priceless... :rolleyes:

wow how did you get it 2 work was it using the VAGCOM........i am abit confused lol :help:

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
I think you have to actually change out the display between the speedo and tacho to the full screen version.
Then it would be a matter of changing the codes to recognise the new features... I think?

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Sorry dude, I couldnt see what you were respnding too, and thought it might be the last posted!:thumbup:

At first, because it was clear in my mind, I thought what are you talking about ... then I re-read the thread and realised I had responded to a post from another thread in this one. Like I said ... don't mind me, I just provide free advertsing for Rany's site (check his MINI wheels).

:laugh:

Last edited:
Updated with images

Due to purchase of house, we are looking to sell our Mk5 Golfs :cry: .

1. '05 Black Magic GTI. Manual, Sunroof, 22500km. Plates not included.

$38,000 ono

2. '05 Black Magic Trendline, 1.6, Automatic, Comfortline Mags, 3M Legal Tint 20500km

$26,900 ono

More photos are available at: http://benhaines.gallery.netspace.net.au

Please contact me by PM or on 0412 014 478 if you are interested.

P.S. My Girlfriend has instructed me that the teddy bear is not included in the sale of her car.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Houses are overrated... I'd sooner sleep in a box than sell my GTI. (Well, I'm under a lease, so I wouldn't have much choice)

Sorry to hear you're having to sell both cars to purchase a house. What are you going to replace them with?? Why do you need to sell them to afford the house??

dodgey

Not a VW owner
Due to purchase of house, we are looking to sell our Mk5 Golfs :cry: .

P.S. My Girlfriend has instructed me that the teddy bear is not included in the sale of her car.

Sorry to hear you are selling the Golfs, but a house isn't a bad deal though...

Aww, the teddy bear would have made it a limited edition Golf!! :thumbup: