GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

ckone

Hi

I have just bougth a AS-7301 and it works perfect. I have just error or what it migth be. When I use the iGo navigation it always says 're-routing' when I reach the last road on my wy to a distination. It continius with doing this(re-routing.... re-routing) until I go off he route(turn). And when I back on the route and again reacht the last road it start all over agian!!!
Have any of you experince with this kind of problems?

Note! I havn't connected my DVB-T antenna yet!

TMC: is that a option? When I try to detect TMC is says: No hardware found!

CCM

Hi CCM,

The re-routing problem is a bug. You need a new Data.zip for your Igo8 Version.
You can download it here:

http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php?f=255&t=56295&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=edc708b959074d0145faaaf794c5d5f0

Download Data.zip v10a

TMC is not possible with this Unit.

regards
Christian

Jayro

Old Newbie
MK 2 On/Off Issue

guys thatnks for all your work on these units. ive had mine in for 2 days and love it. all of the sudden this morning when i got to work it didn't shut down when i turned the car off now i have to manually power on and off. is there a fix?? this is a pain. i read through the thread and someone mentioned a canbus issue???

Hi, you must have a Mk 2 unit which is prone to this fault. The "fix" as supplied by the factory "Maisun " via Oskar is posted on p80 and the 1st guy to do it is posted on P89 (pipocosta), and it worked for him.
An other guy did it with a full CanBus board replacement on P 91 (shreder).and it worked for him also. Edse was not so lucky his did not solve the matter for him.
So if you look at these pages and posts it should be your Solution.

pipocosta

Passed Driver's Ed
guys thatnks for all your work on these units. ive had mine in for 2 days and love it. all of the sudden this morning when i got to work it didn't shut down when i turned the car off now i have to manually power on and off. is there a fix?? this is a pain. i read through the thread and someone mentioned a canbus issue???

Hi! I had the same problem and i did the same test as in http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1643837&postcount=1810.
My unit was shorted, so i asked an electrician here in Portugal to change the transistor, and know it works with the key!
Good luck!

buschfsu

wow, i just got this unit 2 days ago so they must have sent me a known faulty unit(mk2). ill confirm by checking for a short. this unit is in a 09 CC so it could be canbus then i have real problems it sounds like. thanks all

buschfsu

Further to this Post
I received this from The factory Rep

guys,
i just pulled my 6050 and there is definately NOT a short btw those pins. double checked my fluke meter. Also the ACC wire is coming out of the unit and is NOT connected anywhere (red wire). tried disconnecting the battery but it didn't help. pull the key and the radio stays on:mad: This is in an 09 CC so i may be screwed but as a last ditch plea. does anyone have a suggestion or workaround. i wish it were the transistor, i can replace an smd in a few seconds.

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
guys,
i just pulled my 6050 and there is definately NOT a short btw those pins. double checked my fluke meter. Also the ACC wire is coming out of the unit and is NOT connected anywhere (red wire). tried disconnecting the battery but it didn't help. pull the key and the radio stays on:mad: This is in an 09 CC so i may be screwed but as a last ditch plea. does anyone have a suggestion or workaround. i wish it were the transistor, i can replace an smd in a few seconds.

What happens if you push and HOLD the volume button? Should turn off.

Bazzle

buschfsu

yes it turns off. i have to do this every time i turn the car off. funny thing is it worked fine for two days (automatically turned off when i pulled the key) now it is manual on and manual off only

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
This rear camera has something interesting. We have to connect on two 12V power suplly: 12VAcc+ and 12V reverse light with a relay between.

How did you connect the ACC wiring KV12?

This camera is coming with a 5m Video cable and the ACC cable is only 1 meter.

I am going to grab some quick dissconnect terminals and longer wires of the same gauge to hook up the +ACC wires to the P-CON on the Headunit.

The -ACC I just ground it to the headunit chasis during testing.

The Reverse light wires I bought a 12V outlet adapter and connected that an plugged it into the 12V outlet in the trunk, however I am looking for another permanent power source to make it as seamless as possible.

You could just connect both wires together and connect to the same source of power (either the p-cont wire or the 12V outlet, provided the 12V outlet is only on with the ignition). The headunit automatically senses the reverse signal from the canbus, so there is really no need for the reverse light relay setup.

frontier71

@ mickeulk, be sure that the card is FAT format, and you put the files exactly as described. Don`t understand why doesnt work for you, is same device !!!! By the way, is impossible that the device will boot into sysupdater with sd card removed from gps slot, unless you did something wrong first time you updated ( wrong files to wrong folder).

petrutms, i have the sme problem of mickeulk, i install your hack and everuthing works good, but at de 2 day, the problem is come, in gps only start sysupdate and i can do anything.

have you some thing to fix that, or stereo is dead?

repit, i install your hack and works fine only 2 day, then i have only sysupdate.

maybe you can find a jtag pinout en bin to reflash this board.

kv12

Ready to race!
Here is my rear view camera install DIY. I reposted the trunklid liner DIY on the bottom of the post. It's ment for the Jetta, however the install for the Golf will be similar, only difference is that on the golf to access the plate light assembly you need to remove the rear bumper.

Tools and materials you will need before you start:
T-20 Torx wrench and socket for both screws and nuts
A set of alan keys (It will come in handy)
A Drill with (1/4 bit)
a couple of sets of Quick Disconnect terminals
Red and Black 18 Gauge wires (15 meters a roll each just in case)
Electrical tape
Crimper and wire cutter/stripper
Trim removal tool (or you can use a screw driver/ or the crimper itself)
Phillips screw driver
Some food and drinks and leave yourself lots of time, it's not a quick job

Let's start by looking at the overview.

Assuming you are tackling this project because you have already installed your headunit yourself and know how to do it and comfortable with removing various trim pieces... let's begin

Trunklid liner DIY