GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

GTtsi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT Sport TSI
Hey guys i've read from page 80 onwards minus the technical stuff. Thinking bout getting one if all of the main technical issues have been ironed out. i read that there is a Mk3 version now? anyone got it and tested it for new problems/ previous issues resolved?
Thanks

frontier71

Reuploaded my wince hack complete, with all updates included. Don`t need to install if you already have it. Only for new users :smile:. Please read install instructions !!!!! :bonk:

Wince hack full

Soon... wifi on board. I`ll keep you posted.

hi petrutms, hi, im new inthis forum, i have a mt-6501, i install your wince hack y is great but now i have a problem, my console dont work anymore, just work a few day an now just say sistem initializing en run autoupdate whit no card en gps slot, in fact autoupdate run automatic y no launch the console, can you help me? how can fix that stuff, i try to install again autoupdate from sd card but dotn work, autoupdate run whitout card and no show anything en os sistem, reset, nothing

what can i do

sorry for my english

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
I have this radio with analogic tv, not dvbt, and i've that noise in every sources.. That patch is for which version? Can you send me the patch if it solves my 'problem'? thank you
I have the patches for both version of device. For DVB and for Analog TV. I have got it from Oskar and from Lydia from Maisun. If you have a constant noise, you may try it. Send PM with your e-mail and type of device.

LeonDriver_Germany

Hello everybody,

my name is Christian and I'm new in this forum.
With big interest I'm following this thread. I drive a Seat Leon Mk2 - i know, not really a Golf Mk V but the same platform.
I'm also very interested in such a China-made Navi.
For this I've bought the D726V from Witson. Because it wasn't available for Seat I've bought a VW-branded version because I thought the function of the unit is the same.
But I have many problems with the unit regarding On/Off and hanging up.
The very strange thing is that unit doesn't turn Off when pulling the incognition key but when opening one of the doors!?
As I can see many experts are here in this forum.:thumbsup:
So first i have following questions:
- do you know if Seat and VW uses different CAn-Bus systems?
- could this be the reason why my unit doesn't work satisfying?

As a alternative to the D726 I'm interested in buying a Witson D723V which seems identical to the WD6050 which is discussed here.
But other than Waywell Witson again sells two versions of this unit: a VW and a Seat one.
Waywell only offers a version for VW cars.
Because the Seat-branded version is not available again I think about buying the D723V which is VW-branded.
Do you think there will be the same problems as with my D726?
Has anyone of you installed the WD6050 to a Seat car?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards from germany,
Christian

kreza

Passed Driver's Ed
is it possible to change this

change to ( like on orginal)

I want to see name of radio station on display

or something like this

Last edited:

skunkiechris

Passed Driver's Ed
Sound Quality

I know the general consensus in this thread has seemed to be that this unit has sound quality at par with the factory units. Some posts have said that making any changes to the EQ settings causes noise in the speakers...is that still true? I have the Premium 7 stereo, which I generally have to tweak the bass/mid/high a bit to get it to sound good. If I can't do this with the new unit, I'm wondering how sound quality will compare. Any feedback on this?

Thanks!

audiphile

Old Man
a) use the brownish socket, and get non amplified AM/FM from the roof top whip antenna, or,
b) use the white socket and get amplified FM only from the rear window antenna.

Strange. I'm in the car now, tinkering with the set up... AM radio works with the white connector, while it's filtered out when using the beige antenna connector. The beige antenna seems to have better FM signal though. Maybe my car is the reverse of the usual? (2008 GTI 4 door)

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
I have just traced through the antenna wiring in my car (2007 Golf GTI).

The white connector goes to the rooftop antenna, the beige connector goes to the rear window antenna. Neither have amplifiers or filters in line. Both will do AM & FM, all though the window one is better for AM and the rooftop better for FM (in my case - it probably depends on your location). There are no modules or smarts in line, they are just direct connections from the antennas to the head unit.

The unit itself (RCD500) had the antenna amplifiers & diversity switching circuitry built into it, which is why people have so many issues when they change to an aftermarket head unit.

Note: My actual findings don't match up with Elsawin. It talks about a module in the C-pillar for the rear window antenna, which simply isn't there. It also mentions a diversity switching module under the right hand front seat, which also isn't there.

kv12

Ready to race!
I am still waiting for my rear view camera to be shipped (it's on it's way) but I couldn't help myself but to actually find out how to seamlessly wire it to the trunklids. I've made a quick DIY to removing the trunklid liner and the enitre license plate light assembly. here it goes (I hope nobody is still using 56K)

I just realized I posted this DIY which is really ment for those with GLI/Jetta, on a golfmkv board, I hope it's alright.

Last edited:

nemek4130

Passed Driver's Ed
access to 12v

Hello—

I've read through every page of this thread and it sold me on the w6050. I ordered one of the new units from oskar and am waiting for it to show up. I also got a reverse camera and was wondering if anyone had any tips on what is the best way to gain access to wiring for 12v cigarette lighter in the trunk (07 GTI).

Thanks in advance.