GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Launch Control TSB!

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
I got a 06 GTI with the same coding as the 07 I went to the local VW dealer today showed the TSB to the service tech he scheduled me for next Tuesday told me to bring the TSB back with me let’s see what happens

:cool:

is there a way to see the coding witout a ross-tech vag-com?
can the dealer see the coding?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
the dealer can see the coding, but i also want to know if there is some way i could see my 06's coding(saves me a trip to the dealer)

you need a vag-com or 1551/2 tool to see the tranny coding.

reddvdub

VF Engineered R32
Car(s)
08' TR .:R32
Ok here's the scoop. I just got back from the service dept. they sucessfully installed the LC on MY06, here's some info to help those figure out if it would work on their 06's. *note-their could be even other factors that might result in the program not taking via the TCM.

Vechicle Type - VW GTI DSG PKG 0

Build Date - 04/06 Wolfsburg, Gremany

Vag-Com scan -
Address 02: Auto Trans
Part No SW: 02E 300 043 C HW: 02E 927 770 AE
Component: GSG DSG 070 1115
Coding: 0000020
Shop #: WSC 01279

I will be posting a clip on youtube shortly to confirm aswell... :biggrin:
Good Luck to all the 06' out there :thumbup:

DSG_MASTER

DSG!!Manstyle!!
Car(s)
GTI MKVI
LC for 2007 GTI's will be installed by the dealer once the software is available. The dealer will not charge for it. It is not available for 2006 model year.

reddvdub

VF Engineered R32
Car(s)
08' TR .:R32
good work preston!

i'd say it's a ymmv for the 06's as the tsb specifically mentions 07, so some dealers will choose not to do it as vw doesn't officially support it for the 06.

Thanks Dan,
I tried it out today and am very impressed, not even that much wheel spin. I'd say it was more like wheel spin w/ grip :biggrin: