GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

Jayro

Old Newbie
As I understood, all MK2 devices have ON/OFF problem with concrete platforms like Passat B6 and Tiguan (PQ35 and PQ45).

Guys, on page 60 I see only pinouts of std VW radio (like RCD-300). I have ELSA and know it. :) But where I can find pinouts of WD-6050? Only on case of it? I saw photo, but how I can understand what connector is ISO Power, for example?

PS: I will get my device only on next week and want to be ready for installation. :)
Alex the Unit master plug (2 ISO Block Connectors) mirrors the pins in the VW Quadlock Socket
one carries the speaker leads (4x2)
the other carries the 3 flying leads a) "blue" arial power, b) pink for dimmer circuit, and red accc wire.
The other wires are the Can + (orange) and Can -(orange and white), the main power supply (yellow) and the earth wire (black)
Send me an email by PM and I will send you the circuit diags in pdf format as supplied by the factory.
attached hopefully is the sticker with the wire info from the unit, and that is all that is available to my knowledge
Also the ISo sockets can only fit where they belong by key/slot controll just like normal ISO Radio's. Regards.

Attachments

• Head unit pin out.jpg
    Head unit pin out.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 6,450

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
I'm getting this with my 2008 MKV Golf GTI aswell, but the strange thing is I didn't get it when I first installed the unit, only after I reinstalled it to add a right angle adapter.

I've got a feeling that maybe something in the cable harness has affected the right canbus signal to power the unit? ... maybe
My friend has problem only with engine key... Device changes brightness when he turns on/off headlights. So CAN bus works.

Jayro, thank you! I sent to PM my e-mail.

Last edited:

Jayro

Old Newbie
For Florinkn

It is difficult to fully understand you problem but I will try.

think that I don't have this high Multi Function Display. I made some photos without WD6050 (It is coming only MFD and Setup) and with WD6050 (Now, it is coming also this Audio Meniu).

Setup Meniu has one option: BACK and I can go back to Main Menu.

I have to ask again:

How I come back from Audio Menu to Main Menu?

The audio menu should only come up when you have a head unit connected that can send the appropiate signal over the Can Bus.
With a VW unit connected the Audio window will open in the MFD screen ( for fuel consumption ect) as you cycle through this information screen, in it, you will see radio RDS data or CD information. (the MK2 unit is supposed to do this), and some members have confirmed this.
All other MFD functions should be as the OEM unit was.
You have a full screen MFD with the Hi-line computer and so if you have a MK1 unit the audio screen should have gone completely, and all other functions should be as the oem function.
IF you have different behaviour then you too also have a Can Bus problem
I cannot give you a solution if you have a canbus problem only Maisun if you are lucky.

Last edited:

buckets

Ready to race!
Hmmmm, I can't see how this does work. I've connected the OEM iPod adaptor (via the blue connector) to the back of the unit (it only plugs in one way), and have tried both a gen 5 and gen 4 with no luck.

The music starts playing for a couple of seconds, and then stops itself.

Am I doing something wrong here? :iono:

You're doing nothing wrong.....I have the same problem. Have written to Joe and believe he is looking for a firmware solution so we can repair the "fault" without sending the units back to Maisun.

What I have noticed is when the ipod is plugged into the OEM adaptor, it pauses and the WD6050 doesn't recognise the fact the ipod (or other device) is connected.

Hopefully Maisun or someone on the forum can provide us with a fix.

Craig

florinkn

Audio Menu

I have some photos with the Audio Menu. How you can see, they are some information in the display of car: radio's name, song's name, DVD track notice.

You can change the radio's channel with Up und Down and with Set button you can change between: Radio, Aux, BT, DVB-T, Navi

DVB-T: With the original DVB-T and the original antenna with 40 or 50 km/h, I had a good signal.

Wonderfull work!

Attachments

• CIMG4830.JPG
    CIMG4830.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 4,277
  • CIMG4831.JPG
    CIMG4831.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 4,330
  • CIMG4832.JPG
    CIMG4832.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 4,293
  • CIMG4834.JPG
    CIMG4834.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 4,334
  • CIMG4835.JPG
    CIMG4835.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 4,277
  • CIMG4836.JPG
    CIMG4836.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 4,294
  • CIMG4837.JPG
    CIMG4837.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 4,251
  • CIMG4838.JPG
    CIMG4838.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 4,246
  • audiomenu.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 599

florinkn

And so you have a MK2 unit congratulations. Jayro

Thanks for congratulations!

Unfortunately, MK2 is not perfect! Back option to MFD is not present from this Audio Meniu (My car is a Passat B6).

To go back in MFD VW menu, I have to disconnect the unit WD6050 or W2-D723V (Witson).

Maybe, a new update will resolve my problem (can-bus program)!

Attachments

• CIMG4840.JPG
    CIMG4840.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 4,203
  • CIMG4844.JPG
    CIMG4844.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 4,200
  • CIMG4843.JPG
    CIMG4843.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 4,206
  • CIMG4842.JPG
    CIMG4842.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 4,179
  • CIMG4841.JPG
    CIMG4841.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 4,167
  • CIMG4845.JPG
    CIMG4845.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 4,227
  • CIMG4846.JPG
    CIMG4846.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 4,217
  • CIMG4847.JPG
    CIMG4847.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 4,254
  • CIMG4848.JPG
    CIMG4848.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 4,212
  • CIMG4849.JPG
    CIMG4849.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 4,180

tdi130

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, I need some help. After 3 months working great, the GPS is not working. The unit can’t find the GPS. I tried in automatic (instead of 2-9600) and nothing happen. I also have tried another IGO 8.3 and the “original” 8.0 which came with the unit. I have put apart the unit and the GPS wire looks ok. What can I do?
Thank you in advance

Hi Nachin; last week, i was the same problem, no GPs detected, i just turn OFF/ON the unit by the power bouton and he find the GPS, it's the first time, i hope it's the last....:frown::biggrin:

florinkn

Port test

Hi Nachin,

When is not working, you can test the GPS port to see the voltage!

No voltage, gps is defect!

This Photo is only one example from D720V from Witson!

Attachments

• testGPS.jpg
    testGPS.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 4,605

c4linutz

Same here. If i select Audio meniu from BC i can not get out from there. I will have to unplug power from device so the car wan`t recognize it. Then i can select back to MFD.

Does anyone have some update for Europa Can? I understand that they have another platform for China Auto with CAN.
Maybe that is the problem.
:(