VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com (http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   THE FORMULA 1 THREAD (http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82930)

GTICrazy90 03-29-2009 05:47 AM

THE FORMULA 1 THREAD
 
Dunno if there is any other thread and im really lazy to search right now cause im about to knock out. Anyone in here watch formula one?? First race of the season was today!

Rev2Ten-K 03-29-2009 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTICrazy90 (Post 1598429)
Dunno if there is any other thread and im really lazy to search right now cause im about to knock out. Anyone in here watch formula one?? First race of the season was today!



Talk about a surprise huh?!! A month ago Honda was about to break up their crew. Today, because of Ross Brawn who bought the team, they finished 1 and 2 in the first race of the year! Kinda crazy how things work sometimes.

FIJIParisi 03-29-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev2Ten-K (Post 1598437)
Talk about a surprise huh?!! A month ago Honda was about to break up their crew. Today, because of Ross Brawn who bought the team, they finished 1 and 2 in the first race of the year! Kinda crazy how things work sometimes.

BAH I didn't watch the race yet... way to post the results in the 2nd post lol...

Oh well, I'm still gonna watch it later...

F1 FTW!

KingOfJericho 03-29-2009 12:49 PM

Come on Fiji... you had to expect that a thread titled "FORMULA 1 THREAD" would contain spoilers, especially immediately following the first race of the season. Maybe the title could be changed to include "SPOILERS" to prevent this in the future.

Today's race was amazing and I am soooo happy for the whole Brawn GP team. I was a little disappointed when Kubica and Vettels took themselves out as they're 2 of my favorite drivers but I was still very happy with the outcome.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that the field is more mixed than previous years thanks to the new rules. It's great to have some new colors on the podium.

richcreek 03-29-2009 01:41 PM

It was a good race, but it was very disappointing for the old "Big hitters" like ferrari and MB.

festivus 03-29-2009 02:16 PM

Fuck those jerks. Where's Minardi?

Rev2Ten-K 03-29-2009 02:17 PM

Lol, what's wrong with posting the results to a race that already ended? Sorry if I spoiled the results for those who didn't see it. I got in late last night and it was on live at 4:30 in the morning. I didn't think about the re-air. My b.

heftylefty 03-29-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richcreek (Post 1599007)
It was a good race, but it was very disappointing for the old "Big hitters" like ferrari and MB.

i wouldnt say disappointing. hamilton did WORK on that race...18th to 3rd is pretty damn impressive. granted the crash on the 3rd to last lap helped him alot too...speaking of that, wtf was Vettel thinking? that crash shouldnt have happened. sucks the race had to end with a safety car, but it was a great opening season race.

Rev2Ten-K 03-29-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heftylefty (Post 1599071)
i wouldnt say disappointing. hamilton did WORK on that race...18th to 3rd is pretty damn impressive. granted the crash on the 3rd to last lap helped him alot too...speaking of that, wtf was Vettel thinking? that crash shouldnt have happened. sucks the race had to end with a safety car, but it was a great opening season race.


Yeah Hamilton started almost dead last (other then the 2 toyotas) and ended up 4th I believe, not 3rd. Trulli got 3rd. I remember them talking about 2 of the oldest drivers in F1 are on the podium. :wink: Still a great great race for him to even pick up points though.

And as the announcer was saying "the best finish ever for a Red Bull car is 3rd......ohhhhhh they touch, they touch!" (Spin, spin, crash) Lol

heftylefty 03-29-2009 02:33 PM

ya he ended in 4th but trulli eventually got a safety car violation so that gave him a penalty which knocked him down pretty far, atleast thats according the F1 site...crazy drama haha

KingOfJericho 03-29-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heftylefty (Post 1599071)
granted the crash on the 3rd to last lap helped him alot too...speaking of that, wtf was Vettel thinking? that crash shouldnt have happened.

I think Kubica should take the blame for that one... there were 3 laps left and Vettels tires were clearly going so I don't think he needed to be that aggressive at that point in the race.

richcreek 03-29-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heftylefty (Post 1599071)
i wouldnt say disappointing. hamilton did WORK on that race...18th to 3rd is pretty damn impressive. granted the crash on the 3rd to last lap helped him alot too...speaking of that, wtf was Vettel thinking? that crash shouldnt have happened. sucks the race had to end with a safety car, but it was a great opening season race.

Very true. It was a really good race, but I dont believe ferrari got any points?

turboed 03-29-2009 08:38 PM

What a great race, big congrats to Brawn, I am anxious to see if they still have the pace at Malaysia.

Vettel did all he could but the tire diff is huge so Kubica was eventually going to pass him anyway, I just think he picked the wrong corner to do so and thus both of them crashed out. I can't believe they penalized Vettel for the next race for causing the crash, he had nowhere to go and Kub was trying to pass on the outside! i agree with the fine, he should have just pulled over with how damaged his car was.

Trulli also had a great race starting from the pit late but passed under the safety car at the end of the race and was penalized 25 seconds so he dropped to 12th.

This was one of the few races that was at a reasonable hour to it was cool to watch it live, that prob won't be happening anytime soon.

On to Malaysia, only 5 days away.

Remus6 03-29-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richcreek (Post 1599007)
It was a good race, but it was very disappointing for the old "Big hitters" like ferrari and MB.

Wouldn't Brawn racing technically be one of the "big hitters" since they are sporting a Mercedes engine? I mean they are not the factory race team, but they are part of the big hitters, I feel.

Great race though. I actually stayed up last night to watch the race. Good stuff!

KingOfJericho 03-29-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remus6 (Post 1599826)
Wouldn't Brawn racing technically be one of the "big hitters" since they are sporting a Mercedes engine? I mean they are not the factory race team, but they are part of the big hitters, I feel.

So Torro Rosso and Force India are also "big hitters?"

Myfast_GTI 03-30-2009 12:49 AM

One of the best F1 races I've seen in a while... especially in the final 10 laps or so. Kubica came down on Vettle, he had no where to go... but in the same instance, Vettel's super-soft tires were pretty much done for. Vettel is definitely a driver to keep our eyes on.

KingOfJericho 03-30-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myfast_GTI (Post 1600392)
Vettel is definitely a driver to keep our eyes on.

Agreed. I said all last year that with a competitive car he is a force to be reckoned with.

GTICrazy90 03-31-2009 02:58 AM

I'm a ferrari fan and can't change anything about that. Mad that they didnt get to finish the race. This race was pretty good, but can't say there hasn't been a good one in a while. The end of last season was pretty amazing. Also what are your guys opinions on these cars?? Honestly, i love the older ones better, looks wise and it just looked so technically advanced. These current cars have like no rear end grip.

heftylefty 03-31-2009 03:07 AM

this thread is in need of some music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMUGzGzmGJs

KingOfJericho 03-31-2009 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTICrazy90 (Post 1603230)
Also what are your guys opinions on these cars?? Honestly, i love the older ones better, looks wise and it just looked so technically advanced. These current cars have like no rear end grip.

They're ugly. They had that quick interview with Alonso before the race talking about the new rules and new cars and he said pretty frankly "the cars are ugly." That pretty much sums it up. The rear wing looks silly and the front wing looks like a buffet table.

gmakdaddy 03-31-2009 07:34 AM

I do not believe that Vettel is getting spanked with a 10 spot starting grid penalty in the next race because of Kubica closing down on him. Last time I checked he was on the inside and already on the curb where was he to go? What was up with the first safety car period? If was something you'd see in a Nascar race...
The big wigs at Honda have to be pissed about the reace results and basically giving the team away for nothing. It makes me chuckle.

GTICrazy90 03-31-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmakdaddy (Post 1603415)
The big wigs at Honda have to be pissed about the reace results and basically giving the team away for nothing. It makes me chuckle.

People keep saying this, but there is one thing to consider, if Honda was in the F1 race, then most likely they would be using their own engines and these Brawn racers would not be racing with Mercedes engines. I know the engines are pretty similar because of all the restrictions, but still do you think Honda would have done that well with their engines.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.