GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Took a Serious Test Drive

NYDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Okay.

This past Tuesday after the typical Doctor's visit where he told me to lose some weight and watch what I eat. I decided that I needed a boost and went by the VW Dealer on that side of town. Had a nice talk with them and got the DVD and Info on the GTI to take home. They asked me back to do a test drive and I told them maybe Saturday.

Well, They treated me today as well as the other day. They took their time. Showed me the GTI and answered most of my questions.

The Car I drove was a Gray, DSG with Cloth and stock 17's. I was very VERY impressed. I had wondered how the DSG did when you got off the throttle. Was it like a manual in that regard or the Auto. I like the way the DSG defaults back to normal DRIVE mode if you don't use the paddles.

Handling was GREAT and the ride BETTER than I thought it would be. Quite livable on the broken roads around the Salt Belt here in NY.

THE QUESTION they could not answer is the one about the 5 Door GTI. Guys.....I really hope they bring this car to the USA. It is "THE" car that I need. I can't express that enough. I looked at every car that is currently on my Short list today. After DRIVING the GTI, there is NO WAY I want a conventional 4 door sedan. NO WAY!

Someone tell me that the 5 Door GTI is coming. Point me to a link so I can rest easy....ANYTHING!

Chris

P.S. All in all....A GREAT DAY!

nomios

Touring Car Champion
NYDUB said:
THE QUESTION they could not answer is the one about the 5 Door GTI. Guys.....I really hope they bring this car to the USA.

Wow, these dealers never cease to amaze me. I can't believe they did not know they would be selling the 4 door this summer. I have a pretty lame dealer in my area and even they knew that.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
while i was at the dealer yesterday picking up my car...i over heard a customer and a salesman talking about the 5 door GTI's and the salesman told the guy they will either be here in late june or early july

NYDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I know guys.

I've been to BOTH local dealers and they REFUSE to talk about the 5 Door GTI. Had the first dealer tell me I was full of it, of course that seems rampant at this mega dealership here in Rochester NY. (Sure hope ONE of you fools look at this Forum! Because you lost me for a Customer!!!!)

Both Dealers were HOT to sell me a GLI, but it just does not fit what I want in a Car. They listened to my needs and the GLI is what they came up with. I can see why they came up with that with what they had on the Lot, but they really didn't listen, they wanted to sell what they had ON THE LOT, which is what they are in business for.

Arghhhh

Chris