GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where to Buy OEM Parts?

erick.s

Autocross Champion
Take a look at oempl.us - they have lots of cool Euro-spec car accessories. I've never bought from them before, so I don't know how their customer service is, though.

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
DriveFast said:
What's the cheapest website to buy OEM parts for? I'm specifically looking for MKV accessories.

Which are you interested in? The first line says OEM parts, but the last line says accessories.

I believe all the "accessories" are not OEM, but stuff the dealers offer to make more profit. I don't think VW Engineers waste their time on stuff like splash guards and plastic floor mats. At least I hope they don't. Is that true?

GoBlueVDubDude

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV, Red
Actually, if it is made (or at least sold by) VW -all of the Driver's Gear stuff, for example- then it is considered OEM. Of course, this only applies to things for your car (sport springs, wheels, etc.), not the t-shirts and what-not.

OEM stands for "Original Equipment Manufacturer", not "Original Equipment That Came With The Car". Sorry, had to throw a dumb joke in there... :biggrin:

rickerbr

Ready to race!
Get the part #s off of drivergear.vw.com, go to 1stvwparts.com and worldimpex.com and see what the prices they have are. Realize you're going to have to pay shipping and see if it is a better deal for you.