GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Police plethora

Tpass

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 BMP 6M GTI
Hey Oregonians,
Been out driving the last couple of days and noticed on the nicer driving roads the police are there waiting...

wilsonville road along the river. I know usually it's crowded and slow, a cop had parked up a driveway was out on foot with hand held laser trying to get someone coming over a rise too fast....

Fishhawk Hwy off 126 just before Elsie going to Jewel. Great road, worth the detour if heading to the coast. or good back way to Astoria. at the end of the first straight was a police SUV trying to hide behind a school bus shelter. Good thing he was too big to do it. Freaking middle of nowhere!

Are there any good driving roads that cops aren't on?

Tom

Dark Anghell

Go Kart Champion
Portland Raceway...

Not sure about Portland, but in Washington the best roads to drive on are the service roads in the mountains. Paved ones are in great condition, there will be no cops on them unless someone calls on you. What we used to do is have someone at the entrance to the road warning everyone else about oncoming traffic.

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
Hey pavel, what service roads are you talking about. the only ones that i have ever ventured on are pothole ridden and like part pavement and part gravel.

FastTrash2.0T

Driver
Car(s)
07' LA7T DSG GTi
Portland Raceway...

Not sure about Portland, but in Washington the best roads to drive on are the service roads in the mountains. Paved ones are in great condition, there will be no cops on them unless someone calls on you. What we used to do is have someone at the entrance to the road warning everyone else about oncoming traffic.

you have to pick them right, and usually its at random times...with in time, is random on their schedule too...

FlavorFly

*Insert Witty Title Here*
Car(s)
MkV Red 4dr w DSG
I have never had a problem out on Skyline (westbound). I have been able to get up some good speed, and there are some good curves too! :happyanim:

Dark Anghell

Go Kart Champion
I have never had a problem out on Skyline (westbound). I have been able to get up some good speed, and there are some good curves too! :happyanim:

Until a little kid runs out to grab her ball. Sorry, I'm being a party pooper. I like public roads, but you always have to watch out for cops and people and cars.

Hey pavel, what service roads are you talking about. the only ones that i have ever ventured on are pothole ridden and like part pavement and part gravel.

There was one on the way to Mt. Rainer. Its about 2 miles long, and at the end it does turn to gravel and people go there to ride their quads, offroad bikes and trucks. So the road is busy in the morning and in the evening. But once again, you need people on both ends warning everyone including the driver that there's a car coming, so he slows down. If someone calls the cops, you're done though...there's only one exit out of there.

Tpass

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 BMP 6M GTI
Until a little kid runs out to grab her ball. Sorry, I'm being a party pooper. I like public roads, but you always have to watch out for cops and people and cars.

I hear you. was thinking more country type roads. have tried a few of those access roads in the cascades.

FlavorFly

*Insert Witty Title Here*
Car(s)
MkV Red 4dr w DSG
Until a little kid runs out to grab her ball. Sorry, I'm being a party pooper. I like public roads, but you always have to watch out for cops and people and cars.QUOTE]

That is true - even my 'fast driving' is nothing compared to what you are talking about. I am still getting used to driving the GTI, so I am taking things slow, even though I am out of the break in period. Better safe than sorry! :thumbsup: