GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

golf convertible

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
do they still sell this car? the last i saw of it was based on the mk 4, which to be honest wasnt much different from the mk 3 version.

are there any plans to make a new convertible based on the mk5 golf? not that i would buy it but would be interesting to see what they do with it.

newtogolf

just found something. not sure if its just a paintshop attempt like the so called mk6 golf.

nice car i must say.

Attachments

• topsecret_golf_cab_01_big.jpg
    topsecret_golf_cab_01_big.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 399

newtogolf

In my opinion, the Eos is not a follow up to the golf cabriolet. The Eos appears to be VW's attempt at making a proper sporty coupe.

also the picture above is not an Eos by any means. looks like a mk5 golf made into a cabrio

newtogolf

oh yeah and the mk1 cabrio did not get changed when the mk2 golf came out. they kept the mk1 cabrio right until 1992. so theres only been 2 versions of this car!

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
newtogolf said:
do they still sell this car? the last i saw of it was based on the mk 4, which to be honest wasnt much different from the mk 3 version.

are there any plans to make a new convertible based on the mk5 golf? not that i would buy it but would be interesting to see what they do with it.

You missed all the EOS information?

GTI2007

newtogolf said:
just found something. not sure if its just a paintshop attempt like the so called mk6 golf.

nice car i must say.

that is so obviously a photoshop because you can see it has a GTI grill and I don't think the Golf cabrio would be like the GTI for the exterior but according to the earlier cabrio's more looking like the regular Golf

Brandon

Oval Newbie
lol...you can tell it's photo-chopped by looking at the seats. They're flat for crying out loud! Bwhahahahahaha!

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Brandon said:
lol...you can tell it's photo-chopped by looking at the seats. They're flat for crying out loud! Bwhahahahahaha!

True indeed, they look like card board.

newtogolf

wow i would never have spotted it. they really should make a golf convertible tho.

hate all this photoshopping

GTI2007

there wasn't a convertible for the mk4 Golf so I don't see them making one for the mk5 Golf. If you really want a VW convertible you have almost no other options that to go for the Eos or the Beetle convertible

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
convertible with no trunk???:confused:

GTI2007

Indeed. Hadn't even noticed that but it's a very good point. Where would this convertible leave his cover when you put the cover down?? Now there are surely at least 4 mistakes on that photoshopped convertible. It looks very nice but totally not realistic!

AlphAZender

Drag Race Newbie
newtogolf said:

nice car i must say.

gotta be paint. look near the top of the windshield. IMO they just cannot do better than the beetle convt. That thing is destined to be another classic.