GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Factory oem aero / body kit (votex kit)

kazyce

Ready to race!
The MK5 lowered with front lip is just plain aggressive looking just like in that pic. I'm definitely getting a lower front lip just hope these things are made from plastic and not fiberglass or i'll be buying a new lip every year. :rolleyes:

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
In a dark color that Abt looks pretty sweet, On red I gotta stick with my Rieger, but for a dark color car, i'd probably go with that Abt lip.. Tho when the GTI oettinger kit comes out, that will own them all, heh.

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
The Votex (VW brand) bodykit is available from your dealer. It is basically the bottom pieces that are grey, now painted to match your body colour. As Gulfer said I'm waiting for the Rieger kit.

hipstomper

Go Kart Newbie
MAlby7 said:
The Votex (VW brand) bodykit is available from your dealer. It is basically the bottom pieces that are grey, now painted to match your body colour. As Gulfer said I'm waiting for the Rieger kit.

:w00t: so the factory aerokit pieces are all prepainted then. $1500 for front side and rear pieces which are probably good quality since its from the factory. Not bad at all I guess.

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member

Attachments

• votex-gti-1.jpg
    votex-gti-1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 13,096
  • votex-gti-2.jpg
    votex-gti-2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 10,894
  • votex-gti-4.jpg
    votex-gti-4.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 8,186
  • votex-gti-3.jpg
    votex-gti-3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 8,578
  • votex-gti-5.jpg
    votex-gti-5.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 9,188

hipstomper

Go Kart Newbie
Not bad I like the front but the sides and back don't do much for me. The back actually looks better to me without the kit :D Theres lots of aftermarket tuner kits that look better than this though IMHO.

GTI2007

MKThree said:
yup that's the ABT lip. I want to see pix of the OEM bodykit too if anyone has them.

no, that ain't the ABT lip. That is the Votex (VW Brand) lip

This is a pic of the ABT lip

Attachments

• dsc00932_1140016287.jpg
    dsc00932_1140016287.jpg
    907.6 KB · Views: 9,679

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
^I love everything about that lip! From the matching mesh insert to the carbon fiber splitter on the bottom.