GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW dubber story.

errorini

Oval Newbie
Last night I was meeting a couple friends at Quarterdeck (Bar and grill) and I see a black R32 parked and I always park next to golfs/rabbits or VWs in general if I can. So later in the night we're sitting at the table outside and I look over to look at my baby and I see the owner of the R32 taking pics of our cars with his phone! I wanted to go say what's up, but he left before I got a chance to walk over there. I checked VWVortex and this site to see if the guy posted the pics anywhere but looks like he didn't.

But yeah, I thought it was the coolest thing.

Last edited:

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
Cool story. I've had that happen a few times, even from non-VW drivers. On three occassions, while walking back to my car in a parking lot, I've seen people walking 360 degrees around my car. Another time, this couple was looking at my car from inside their car. They told me they saw my car while driving on the main street and made a U-turn to go into the parking lot just to check it out :cool:

And, on another occassion, while filling up gas, this mkv Jetta owner was taking pics with her cell phone as if I wasn't even standing there. An awkward moment for me, but it was cool :iono:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
i never get people that sit and stare at my car or shit even give it a second glance...guess they dont wanna see the ugly ass driver :sad:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Freek said:
i never get people that sit and stare at my car or shit even give it a second glance...guess they dont wanna see the ugly ass driver :sad:
do you blame them?

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
not at all...shit if it wasnt for mirrors i would be more than happy not to look at myself at all

but u figure they would atleast look at the car...there arent many on the road up here in the ATL....maybe once i get back to florida....they will show me some love

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Freek said:
not at all...shit if it wasnt for mirrors i would be more than happy not to look at myself at all

but u figure they would atleast look at the car...there arent many on the road up here in the ATL....maybe once i get back to florida....they will show me some love
you gotta flick your tongue at em and rub your nipple, thatll get em starin.

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
i have pulled up to numerous dubbers old and new and have gotten mad props for my car... everyone seems to like it alot

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
not tryin to threadjack

yesterday i was on my way home doing some "spirited Driving" and an Mkiv TR GTI came up and we just went through traffic for a few miles, pretty cool cat, threw the thumbs up.

there is no better community than the VW community.

MachSchnell

Rally Car Champion
I had my car parked in the infield at Lime Rock for the ALMS races, and had several people comment on it when I would return for water or supplies. It seemed that everytime I went to the car someone was checking it out. I loved that shit!

I get props from other guys on the road weekly, though mostly from R32s and 20thAE cars. Regular or even modded MkIVs tend to ignore the MKV, a few times I've given a thumbs-up or wave to other MkIVs and never seem to get a reaction from them. :iono:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
damn i really must drive the "black sheep" of the MkV's....cuz ive had my car since march 17th and i havent had a single comment or stare....shit even when i hung out with the local dub club they didnt even say anything

wow im gonna go cry now :cry: