GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Might work for VW

MC.R

So i was at my dealer today getting my 5k service done and one of the salesman i talk to when im there said that i'd be good at selling cars and that they were hiring. I was telling him how i've been outsourced 3 times in one year (i work in I.T.) and at my new job they are talking about it and im sick of always looking for work, so he had me fill out an employment application to be a salesman, im thinking its time for a career change at least for a while, and it may be fun selling cars, this dealer has two dealerships right now and is opening a third one and they need salesman, nice place, nice people so im gonna give it a shot. let's see what happens.....

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
nice congrats and let us know how it goes :)

MC.R

well i dont have the job yet... we'll see what happens but it'd be kind of neat to work for them at least for a few years

MC.R

man they dont make money unless they sell cars.

the dealer im going to is moves 10-20 cars on a slow week and upwards of 20-35 on a good week.... they need more salesman to handle the workload.. and they said once summer hits they push a lot more... the are the largest vw dealer in CT, they have about 200 cars in stock as it is right now and there was a deliery truck there unloading a few tiguans one of which was already sold

JhnR

Banned
the dealer im going to is moves 10-20 cars on a slow week and upwards of 20-35 on a good week.... they need more salesman to handle the workload.. and they said once summer hits they push a lot more... the are the largest vw dealer in CT, they have about 200 cars in stock as it is right now and there was a deliery truck there unloading a few tiguans one of which was already sold

hmm well good luck.

i was offered a job at VW in Van Nuys before i got my VW. pretty much just hustled the shit outta the sales manager.

instead of the car he offered me a job. i said no. :thumbsup:

PhillyB

Faster Than You
Car(s)
97 GTI
not to be a downer but i got hired at a job with a promise to be moved to VW within a couple months. 6 months later i'm still with nissan with no hint of making the jump.

FIJIParisi

GO FINS!
Car(s)
'07 BMP GTI 6MT

I also dont want to rain on your parade but 100% commission jobs are a different beast than anything you have probably done before... I work as a financial advisor for John Hancock and people try to pull me to different sales positions all the time because of how I interact with others... the bottom line is that they are a SALESMAN so they sell you on the position and make it sound great.

I do what I do because I have seen with my own eyes the amount of $$$$$ that can be made, but I also see how tough it can be and know first hand what it is like to go 2-3 months with little to no pay...

My advice after all this ranting: take the job but stay optimistic - nothing will fuck up your sales career more than being a negative nancy...

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
I also dont want to rain on your parade but 100% commission jobs are a different beast than anything you have probably done before... I work as a financial advisor for John Hancock and people try to pull me to different sales positions all the time because of how I interact with others... the bottom line is that they are a SALESMAN so they sell you on the position and make it sound great.

I do what I do because I have seen with my own eyes the amount of $$$$$ that can be made, but I also see how tough it can be and know first hand what it is like to go 2-3 months with little to no pay...

My advice after all this ranting: take the job but stay optimistic - nothing will fuck up your sales career more than being a negative nancy...

I was on commission too working with capital one doing wholesale commercial and resi mortgages. And the best advice, is to stay optimistic. No matter how many "NO'S" you get, your one step closer to a "YES"

best of luck.

MC.R

luckily the dealer im going to isn't 100% commision, you get a decent salary, pretty damn close to what i currently make and then commision on top of that and incentives

MC.R

well things are in motion, my dealer just called me, said they like me and want to talk about moving forward and want me to come by tmrw night! yes!!!

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
Car(s)
your mom
hmm well good luck.

i was offered a job at VW in Van Nuys before i got my VW. pretty much just hustled the shit outta the sales manager.

instead of the car he offered me a job. i said no. :thumbsup:

That sales manager is a douche bag, I got into a heated argument because he promised me 2 free tanks of gas and he tacked on gap insurance to my car loan and I didn't even need it because my insurance had it already. Then when I went down to sign the papers to cancel the gap insurance they never submitted the paperwork so I called VWOA on his ass. IDIOT

MC.R

wooo hoooo!! spoke to the sales manager's they like me, they said typically they dont want to mix customers in with business but they said they like me because im a car enthusiast who really loves VWs and it really helps to project a positive image when selling cars to customers and that im outgoing and know a lot about their current products and their current salesman arent as enthusiastic about cars so its just a job tothem so they said they will give me a shot i can start as soon as i want