GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

David Michael Motor Group

mobo

Go Kart Newbie
I've purchased or helped family members purchase all makes: Honda, Toyota, Acura, BMW, and Audi. But my VW experience has been terrible at David Michael Motor Group. I've never had a salesman be so dishonest as this one in Freehold, NJ. :thumbdown:

VWoA really needs to work on these dealerships if they want to grow in market share.

Last edited:

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
It was that one dealership Atamain VW was awesome with me they gave me 10000 on my 02gti 1.8t and i got my car for 21,000 straight

dc_candy

Drag Race Newbie
It's freehold, NJ. I stopped in when looking at the SI and GTI, but never spent much time. That dealership is Honda; VW and Mercedes and seems to be very high volume. I was there on a Saturday and it took a long time to get sales help. Other then that I can’t comment.

mobo

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, Freehold, NJ, I corrected it.

Yes, definately high volume and as a result they have good prices; however, the salesman I worked with was very dishonest.

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
mobo said:
Yes, Freehold, NJ, I corrected it.

Yes, definately high volume and as a result they have good prices; however, the salesman I worked with was very dishonest.

I suggest trying to go through their internet department, I would also check around with other local dealerships to get solid pricing. I actually spoke to a dealership who promised 3% over invoice on a package 0, he was honest about the price and was not lying so he emailed me the quote. However, the dealership was that close to me so I took the printed email as back up and went to a dealership closer to me and negotiated a better deal. Remember to keep your cool and have all your ducks in a row! Be smart and play the dealership against one another and remember to do your homework on the car and the different packages. Good Luck!

L-Dub

Go Kart Newbie
mobo said:
I've purchased or helped family members purchase all makes: Honda, Toyota, Acura, BMW, and Audi. But my VW experience has been terrible at David Michael Motor Group. I've never had a salesman be so dishonest as this one in Freehold, NJ. :thumbdown:

VWoA really needs to work on these dealerships if they want to grow in market share.

What exactly happened?

ZeroSlash

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys, don't know if any of you reading this is from Canada, but the sales in the VW dealerships in Vancouver, Canada, is just as bad as the ones in the states as well. Can't believe they don't give you any stuff from buying a car; such as mats, or something like... but instead they only gave me a 10% off pasta card... Talking about their service... their knowledge of selling sucks crap, can't even give me general inquiries about the car. I was pretty disappointed too but I can't help it, I want my fast and the gti! So sometimes we just gotta suck it up or write a letter to them.

mobo

Go Kart Newbie
L-Dub said:
What exactly happened?

Basically, In early June, put down a deposit for a 2007. After a month passed, the salesman assurred me that the car would be coming in early september. Thanks to an inside source, I find out that david michael motor has no 2007's ordered at all. Without letting on, I ask the salesman for my deposit back for a refund. He gives me BS that the car is ordered with "hard to sell" options (package 2 and DSG) and I cannot get my refund, I call his BS with his manager. The manager admits that they have yet to order any 2007 GTI's. It still took another 2 weeks to get my refund after multiple phone calls and visits.

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
I bought mine from David Michael Freehold this March, 2006 CW 6sp with pkg #2, monster mats and 18" for $24,499, took delivery the next week and all is fine. I also get the 4.9% financing rate from them too.

Which saleman is that? did u talk to Berry the sales manager?

mobo

Go Kart Newbie
Yea, they have high volume and the best prices I could find locally.
Perhaps, I got a bad salesman, but it totally ruined my experience with the dealership.

But it wasn't about the money. It was about wasting my time with an order that wasn't really ordered. Fortunately, I was able to find a 2007 for arrival on 8/21 at another dealership.

L-Dub

Go Kart Newbie
Mobo:

That blows! How can a stealer take your money and NOT place your order? Have you placed an order at another dealership?

mobo

Go Kart Newbie
L-Dub said:
Mobo:

That blows! How can a stealer take your money and NOT place your order? Have you placed an order at another dealership?

I found another dealership that already had one ordered but not sold to anyone. The salesperson was extremely helpful and provided VW computer screen shots with the status of the car, the commission number, VIN#, and ETA's.

MkV06Black

VDubbin'
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I also got my car from David Michael in Freehold. I thought the experience was horrible. I went there and gave a deposit, and ordered package 2. the saleman told me that it will be about a week or so to get the car. So I get a call about a week later saying my car was in, so I drove the hour to get there and pick it up...while they guy was giving me a "tour" of the car I relaized it has no sunroof ( this wasnt the right car). The guy says Oh No, I didnt even realize...I didnt notice that when I checked it. Bla Bla...So i was told I will get a call in a few weeks because they couldnt find another for me. So I call and talk to the manager in the mean time and he told me that he will work something out for me. When I got to the dealer the manager was a real dick and said they threw in some rubber mats.

I also have a lot of trouble making appointments and being able to get a rental. They just suck there in my personal opinion..