GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autobahn Package

QuikGTI

Car(s)
'07 GTI
I'm going to be purchasing a new '08 GTI in the next couple of weeks and can't decide if I want the autobahn package. So far I for sure want manual trans, power sunroof, and ipod interface. But as far as the autobahn package goes I'm just not sure. I like the leather but I need to know how it wears. I know the cloth seats will last for ever, and I really don't want to be looking at recovering leather seats in a couple of years. Any insight would be helpful.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
well i have a Nov. 05 build date with leather, and it's holding up just fine so far. considering that's about as old as you're going to get for MkV GTI's in the US, take it for what it's worth. and as much as i love the interlagos cloth, the seats wrapped in leather are the seats from europe...not the "we're all fat americans" less-bolstered seats you get with the cloth.

jamdub

Black Holer
Car(s)
07 gti
I love my leather seats, I could never drive a car with cloth seats. Plus, as mentioned, the bolsters are far superior on the leather seats.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
i guess for me i just want those nice bolsters. if i could have the bolsters with cloth (like you can in europe), i'd take those. but...the leather seats are nice too. so if you're on the fence about them not holding up over the years, don't let that stop you from getting the autobahn pkg.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Cloth doesn't last forever. I've had both in my life. Leather wears quite well so long as you keep it clean and preserve it. Have leather on my GMC Denali and the '07 GTI... wearing very well.

We love the leather seats in the GTI vs the cloth. Test drove both before we purchased and the leather is by far a much better feel!

Understeer'd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 VW Golf (BPY)
I wish I'd gone with leather frequently. Mainly because I'm of thin European build.

The leather cars I've seen show very minimal wear, it's that Audi style density, taught leather.

adjulian

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a similar dilemma before I ended up picking up my GTI with Autobahn. Check out this thread and poll that I started asking a similar question - Leather vs. Interlagos

It was pretty much even 70 members favored Leather vs. 69 members favoring Interlagos. Lots of opinions, recommendations and experiences.

Good luck. I ended up with Autobahn package and love it.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
If you like it, and dont go with it, you'll regret it like I did.:cry:
If you get it and dont like it, Id be more than happy to trade plus cash them off you.

dmw16

Ready to race!
I like my cloth, but I wish I had the leather mainly for the side bolsters. Had they made the leather a separate option rather than wrapping it up with the $3000+ autobahn package.

OneFastSicilian

Ready to race!
Car(s)
200+whp HONDA / Gti
I like my cloth, but I wish I had the leather mainly for the side bolsters. Had they made the leather a separate option rather than wrapping it up with the $3000+ autobahn package.

yea i wish u could get the leather alone, i want the leather also i just dont wanna pay 3500 for them..

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
They are similar, not the same.

MoparShaha

Ready to race!
They are similar, not the same.

I'm pretty sure they're identical.

I regret not getting the leather in my GTI. The interlagos is great, and everyone remarks on how cool it is, but I still prefer leather. I'm going to be getting an aftermarket leather interior soon though, although I'll be missing out on those cool bolsters and headrests.

GTIzzle07

NY Dubz
Car(s)
2007 GTI
wish i had leather :frown: