GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

help me like the hatch!

darkecho

hahah... ive been shopping around for a new car for a while, here are a few that ive been looking at..

-RSX TypeS (no torque tho..)
-Chevy Cobalt SS (kinda ugly inside and out)

basically cars with 200hp/200tq~ daily commuter with some guts :burnrubber: and i LOVE the jetta/gti front fascia and everything, and i like the whole package of the GTI except I just dont like hatches :confused: i personally think that the gti would be MUCh cooler if it were like a coupe version of the GLI... from the rear is just seems too weak and non agressive... but dont get me wrong everything else about the car i love! (except the plaid seats, i dont care about legacy/tradition, thats just ugly!) and Im usually more for solid dash lighting, but i think i can change and accept the blue/red.. but the hatch is killin me... i duno.. maybe if i test drive one, my mind will change rather quick? i guess im just a coupe guy

Delboy

Oval Newbie
darkecho said:
hahah... ive been shopping around for a new car for a while, here are a few that ive been looking at..

-RSX TypeS (no torque tho..)
-Chevy Cobalt SS (kinda ugly inside and out)

basically cars with 200hp/200tq~ daily commuter with some guts :burnrubber: and i LOVE the jetta/gti front fascia and everything, and i like the whole package of the GTI except I just dont like hatches :confused: i personally think that the gti would be MUCh cooler if it were like a coupe version of the GLI... from the rear is just seems too weak and non agressive... but dont get me wrong everything else about the car i love! (except the plaid seats, i dont care about legacy/tradition, thats just ugly!) and Im usually more for solid dash lighting, but i think i can change and accept the blue/red.. but the hatch is killin me... i duno.. maybe if i test drive one, my mind will change rather quick? i guess im just a coupe guy

Each to there own I suppose,but for me Boot's(trunks) are for Grandads/.:biggrin:

IMO most german cars are not trying to look "aggresive"

there are many fast german cars that dont look the part, and that is actually why i like em.

i hate to say but coming from an rsx (which i also like) you will see alot of differences in modifications... with an emphasis on keeping the car simple looking with mods that help performance rather than looks.

I would suggest driving the GTI (or GLI i guess) and see what you think...

and oh yeah... dont buy american!

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
i got a cobalt ss.... its ok... gti is way better imo looks and performance... i want one so badly......

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
The only thing I like about the RSX type-S are it's standard features. The inside of the car is very cramp. The Cobalt.....fu-get-about-it. The GTi however has loads of potential, appealing exterior, room for 5, and is reasonably priced.

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
The cobalt isnt bad as in roomy... but the rsx has no room in it at all.. and the interior is just boring the gti is beautiful... but a lil more expensive.

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
I currently drive a new magic black golf gti mkv and i love it. i am comming from owning a grandpa car , 98 chrysler cirrus lxi, and i didnt think i would like a hatchback either until i test drove it. i was inlove. a couple of my friends have hondas and acura's and they just dont do it for me bcuz they are just way too plain on the inside. i say try a hatch out and go from there but if u dont like the hatch i would definately get the GLI bcuz the gti and gli are very similar imo.

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
^^ i agree they are both the same. Hondas and Acuras... everyone has them...

Sauceboy01

Touring Car Newbie

does this help??

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: