GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk8 today.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Had my alignment done today. Factory setup had a ton of rear toe-in and one side was so far in it was out of spec. Rear camber was -1.7 and -2.1, which is kinda wild too. Front toe was in but not too bad, but it was not even side to side at all. So I had them set toe all around to 0 and the rear camber to -1.5. Autocross should feel a lot livelier next time 🤘

TL;DR: Check your factory alignment because the factory sure as sh*t didn’t.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That'll be interesting. I ran GS in 2 different mk7.5's. The zero toe out back is perfect, but in m7.5, anything less than -1.8 the rear was unmanageable. The mk8 had a longer wheel base and you have stock RSB, so they might be right on the nose.

Front, I'd add just a touch of toe out. Like .10. Zero make the car wonder on the street. A touch of in or out settles that down. 0 is fine for track. Again, that was mk7.5, so might be ok with mk8.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
That'll be interesting. I ran GS in 2 different mk7.5's. The zero toe out back is perfect, but in m7.5, anything less than -1.8 the rear was unmanageable. The mk8 had a longer wheel base and you have stock RSB, so they might be right on the nose.

Front, I'd add just a touch of toe out. Like .10. Zero make the car wonder on the street. A touch of in or out settles that down. 0 is fine for track. Again, that was mk7.5, so might be ok with mk8.
I’m starting with what I ran on my mk7. Felt good. Will tweak from here.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
0 toe all around is great for daily duties on my Mk8. No wandering at all, but I do have extra camber and caster, that could make a difference to what a stock Mk8 might experience.

Last edited:

RTID75

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought mine!

Screenshot_20240427_221942_Photo Editor.jpg

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Cleaned and regreased the front calipers, then threw in some EBC blue NDX pads with Yperion titanium shims (thanks to @blaqsheep ).

I just got home from bedding them in, and so far I’m impressed. No quantifiable data to back it up, but once I had a decent layer of pad material on the rotors (first smell of warm brakes) these pads were like throwing the parachute. I was impressed with the initial bite along with how progressive they were.

Who knows how much heat they can actually take, or if they will last long enough to be worth it. But, with free replacement from FCP when I wear them out……I’m not complaining. I’ll swap to the iSweep pads when it comes to track time, so these should be decent for spirited street use.
View attachment 1714438265152.jpeg