GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird Rev Hang issue

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Go 40 put it in 6th, mash the gas...report back.

Also stupid question I guess, but is there anything particular I should listen for during this? Or just if it does the same thing or not?

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
The more load the more itll slip to a point, if the rpms aren't moving then i dunno what to tell ya...maybe a round of logs are in order.

Gotcha, I'll report what I can tell from that pull, and then I'll see about borrowing a vag com for some logs.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
But where will you ever find somebody to let you borrow their vag com?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
well as soon as Virtualheretic lent me the cable and I checked for codes, found a p0420 cat code. Car was running lean, so after talking to eurocars came to the conclusion that it was an exhaust leak. Took it to a shop and got it on the lift, and the flex pipe was leaking big time. So got that replaced and all is running well.

Wabbit1

Car(s)
2007 VW Rabbit
*Bump on this old thread* So I got a 2007 Vw Rabbit 4 door manual 72k with oem GTI 3" exhaust pipe system kept my stock muffler it rides on Oem Bosch GTI sport shocks and struts. I like her sounding nice and quiet for now. I've been experiencing the heinous rev hang issue on my 2.5L it seems like it's worse when it's hot out. When it's cold out she's purring better, the shifting is kinda jerky and sometimes when downshifting into 2nd or third after some heavy acceleration the rpm needle doesn't drop just hangs at about 1200 rpm if I engage the clutch and slowly slip the car into gear it will drop back down to 800rpm at idle but it sucks doing this all the time. I have a new pcv valve cover pressure plate haven't installed it yet need the subber gasket my mechanic didn't think the pcv was failing he said I wouldn't be able to take the oil cap off the engine it would be too tight there's also rumors of a rubber diphram I should probably replace. I did more research and now realize I should probably get a stage 1 ecu reflash to remap the fuel distribution regulators. Fml I think apr has the best one and they claim to resolve the rev hang issue with their software. I haven't checked for vacuum leaks or tried to clean and reallign the throttle body yet with vag-com does anyone have any other suggestions or tricks to the trade. The rev hang is such a drag she's really a quite beautiful ride always getting looks from all the jealous Audi and Porsche drivers getting burned in West Los Angeles =)