GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

valve cleaning

wiztoogti

Car(s)
06 GTI MK5
i plan on manually cleaning my intake valves because of a piston misfire. does anyone have a list of tools i will need to get to them? i found an old thread for a tsi engine but i have an fsi.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Have you looked into other causes for the misfire? I would try to exhaust all possibilities before manually cleaning valves. If that's what it takes, and you're capable of doing the work yourself, proceed.

wiztoogti

Car(s)
06 GTI MK5
Have you looked into other causes for the misfire? I would try to exhaust all possibilities before manually cleaning valves. If that's what it takes, and you're capable of doing the work yourself, proceed.

i have looked into it a lot and this seems like this is it. the car has a lot of miles.

R_IS_GORGEOUS

Piece of advice. Have a look at the vacuum line connection between the engine and the break booster. That piece of plastic would cause you nightmares like it did to me.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
ok i will thank you

This line is a common problem. Rigid line that runs to vacuum pump. It gets brittle and cracks over time. I had to replace mine. Also consider that sometimes there is more than one cause for a single symptom.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
TBH the FSI and TSI valve cleaning is damn near identical.
Only 3 things that will be different are removing the engine cover, injector seals are different, and the flappers on the FSI manifold are removable.