GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI: cold start - Idling stumble/popping(misfire?)

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
Tsb doesnt mean its covered under any warranty though.

2003rex

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Yes lol
Tsb doesnt mean its covered under any warranty though.

I completely understand that.

I'm just happy that there are service techs that actually try to get everything covered under warranty if possible, like New Century is. Patrick is a fellow VW enthusiast and actually took a little extra time on the phone to get to know me. Those are big points in my book.

Barber VW in Ventura used to be good from what I heard from a lot of buddies and one of the guys that works there (Alvin) is a huge VW guy. Had a bad ass MKV R32 that was track prep'd and an awesome guy to deal with in general, but he wasn't there today.

2003rex

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Yes lol
Where did the $514 in parts come from?

The funny thing about that, is I read off the complete list I received from Barber to the guys at New Century and they were dumbfounded on how the price in parts was $514, I personally know the intake module they said needed replacing is $198. Even Patrick confirmed that. The labor was even more rediculous for what needed to be done.

xcrazydx

Crack Rock Fresh
Car(s)
2007 CW GTI
The funny thing about that, is I read off the complete list I received from Barber to the guys at New Century and they were dumbfounded on how the price in parts was $514, I personally know the intake module they said needed replacing is $198. Even Patrick confirmed that. The labor was even more rediculous for what needed to be done.

Yeah, that whole pricing deal sounded really out of whack

2003rex

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Yes lol
I ended up hanging out at New Century in Glendale all day today.

My intake manifold was completely replaced with a new one. All of the labor and parts were replaced under warranty which was awesome. While the manifold was off I was brought back into the shop area and shown all of the carbon build up on the intake valves. For having 56k on the odometer, there was a ton of carbon gunked up on the valves. I had the option to have them soaked and cleaned out so I did. New Century did an excellent job of keeping me informed the entire time with everything that was going on. I'm pumped to have all this done. Great customer service!

I still can't believe that Barber VW in Ventura (within 5 miles of my house) only checked the CEL and tried to charge me $1800 to fix it. As soon as I receive my gti back I'll be making a very detailed complaint to the service department there.

Luis

BDubsVDub

IMO
Car(s)
09 GTI MkV
I ended up hanging out at New Century in Glendale all day today.

My intake manifold was completely replaced with a new one. All of the labor and parts were replaced under warranty which was awesome. While the manifold was off I was brought back into the shop area and shown all of the carbon build up on the intake valves. For having 56k on the odometer, there was a ton of carbon gunked up on the valves. I had the option to have them soaked and cleaned out so I did. New Century did an excellent job of keeping me informed the entire time with everything that was going on. I'm pumped to have all this done. Great customer service!

Luis

I'm having the same problem and I go to New Century too. If you don't mind, how much did it cost at New Century?

PS: Sorry to dig up an old post.