GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rev hang question

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
hi guys

I have a question, I am experimenting with the oem maff housing coupled with a cone filter on a stick....I understand the maff configuration on this car is super tricky

heres a pic of my intake (still a work in progress) (disregard the random turbo lol)

MY question is, if i let off the gas anywhere UNDER 3k rpms, I get nasty rev hang, seems like the Thottle Body does not close completly...only happens anywhere under 3k rpms....if i let off the gas anywhere over 3k rpms for example, let say i rev up to 4200 rpms and then let off, the throttle body closes, engine goes into "gargle/backfire" mode and rpms drop down quikly, like it's suppost to

with the maff sensor unplugged, i do not get any rev hang what-so-ever in any given RPM, BUT my fuel trims all go to shit with it unplugged

so my question is, If i am getting rev hang letting off the gas under 3k rpms, does this mean that the maff sensor is measuring too much air or too little air than whats actualy going in?

eod69usn

Ready to race!
yup...check all lines and valves for broken/cracked fittings

//GTI_Fast07

Stock 2007 Black GTI
Car(s)
Black 2007 GTI
When I had a rev hang issue it was after getting a aftermarket intake where the MAF stuck out far like yours does. My GTI is an 07 and when I bought a new intake the MAF plugged in more flush with the pipe and the issue was gone. I guess the positioning of the plug's depth can make a big difference.

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
my maf sensor is in its OEM housing

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
That screenshot of your engine bay scares me.. check your vacuum lines, intercooler lines, DV, THAT PCV setup you got going on and check for codes... Last but not least, LOG!

razr

+50 hp spark plugs
i also have rev hang but just for a second and then it drops down. vacuum leak? i was thinking stuck throttle body?:iono::iono: