GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rev D DV in pieces + pissed on my driveway

DeepBlackGLI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 VW GLI

Starting yesterday my engine has been sounding off...like it drones on and is a lower tone then normal. Seems sluggish and when I push it, it hiccups a bit. It's never sounded/felt like this when something's been wrong...so this is a new one. No CEL or codes w/VAGCOM and so I did the following maintenance/checks that I'd been putting off:

• replaced the cam follower (old one was fine)

• emptied my BSH catch can (which contained the typical light brown sludge + fuel)

• pulled my spark plugs and they all were fine

• pulled my Rev D DV which I hadn't touched in probably four years. As I loosened the bolts...clear liquid started dripping out, and by the time I had the DV off the car, about 2 ounces of liquid had leaked onto my driveway. The DV also came apart in my hands as I removed it...and there is light brown oily sludge as seen in the pic.

My old Rev B DV diaphram is fine...I just replaced it with the D as it seemed prudent...so I put that one back in. My questions are:

1. Is it a problem that the Rev D DV is in pieces? It seems to fit back together fine but it wasn't in pieces when new, so...

2. WTF is sitting in the DV and dripping from that location...and why?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom re: what is going on here...

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
more concerned with what "liquid stuff" came out of yer turbo, oil? water? both? D-rev does get pieced together from the magnetic piston with plastic skirt, coil spring into the base. bolted against the turbo they should stay in place anyway bolts are correctly tight