GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Raceland Downpipe ?

VWBoy

Hello, first post here.
I drive a 2007 MKV GTI completely stock and looking to do my first mod. I'd like it to be louder and was thinking about the raceland downpipe. I have seen many videos about an aftermarket downpipe with X delete's but I am curious about the sound with an aftermarket downpipe and everything else stock. On a limited budget ofcourse so a full exhaust isn't an option right now.
Any tips are appreciated.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Not enough if you're looking for a boost in sound. It's a little deeper, but not a lot. Cat back exhaust is where you'll hear a big difference.

Dtones2298

Don’t do the raceland dp. Look at arm Motorsport. I have an mkv gti and bought there mk6 catted dp. I was being cheap and took a chance because the mkv one with no cat is the same price as the mk6 catted one. Paid just about $350 and did a resonator delete sounds amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VesslanGTI

Car(s)
08 GTi
10 people will tell you 10 different things, do this and don't do this, on the end of the day it's all up to you and your budget, i'd say go with apr downpipe, it might be little more expensive but i think it sounds great. i got Apr downpipe and r32 resonated milltek catback and i love it.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I just got a generic CAT-Less 3" downpipe off of eBay for like 100 bucks and put it in myself using my friends lift. You can try an O2 sensor spacer in the last O2 bung to see if that will keep the CEL from triggering, but I didn't have any luck. I ended up getting the stage 2 tune from APR anyway which took care of my problem.

A downpipe is really only worth it in my opinion if you plan on getting a tune. I heard even the 200 cell downpipes will still trigger a CEL.