GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

p2015 question?

imjorr

Hey all,

Just pulled a p2015 code (intake manifold failure, or something...) and I have a few questions for anyone who has had the issue. I have a (pretty much) stock 06 gti, 94k miles. Normally I have a CEL that comes and goes for a p2181 code (cooling system performance code). My CEL was off for a few months, and just came back on 3 days ago. Thinking nothing of it because I was already aware of the issue, and figured it'd go away as always. This next bit is off topic, but may or may not tie in... not sure. Had my boost gauge installed today, and my gfb dv+ installed to replace my torn/old stock dv. I get home from work and decide for the hell of it to scan the code, which to my surprise was not a p2181 code, but a p2015 code. What's next? I will call my local dealership on monday to see if there is any type of warranty, but I highly doubt it. So if there is no active warranty, should I just replace the IM? Or should I wait awhile to see if it just goes away like my other codes? *Note* I am not losing any power, to my knowledge. But if I am it is extremely minimal to the point where I cannot notice it. Thoughts?

EDIT- Guess I just want to know if my boost gauge being installed would throw that code

Last edited:

Cgbm

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV
Does the car continue to inspect with the codes around?