GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

p0341 with new sensor

Wrichards100

Iv searched but found nothing. If i missed something please point me in the right direction.
After almost a year of flawless ownership Im getting all sorts of odd electrical things. With ignition on and car off the tach started jumping all over like some one was hitting a on off switch on it. soon after a code showed up.

Camshaft position sensor circ range/performance p0341
ign./ distributor eng. speed inp. Circ no signal. p0322

No one had a new cps in stock was driving from idaho to slc ( where the closest one was) after the holiday. Missed like crazy above 3 grand rpm. stopped for lunch cel still on car ran great. replaced sensor this morning went to test drive cel light p0341 and p0864 tcm communication circuit range performance... locked me in third gear until I cleared the cel soon after
p0341.

Im at a loss. what am i missing?

Wrichards100

oil was a quart and a half low. good call and shame on me. After filling and clearing code car ran normal. Stopped at a store came out car turned over longer then normal (the new normal now) idled for 4 sec and shut off displaying a battery light. Cycle key started normal and cel light came on. Did I damage the old sensor and now the new with low oil? Pins looked great, connection was tight.

Wrichards100

How do I find out whats causing the occasional shut off and cam position sensor high output? the old cps looked undamaged but its an electrical piece of equipment so who knows.