GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Mild" motor mount options?

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I'm considering an upgraded motor mount but don't want something that drastically increases vibrations in the car. I've got the BSH dogbone mount and insert alreadt but seems my original motor mount might be in need of a refresh - 10 years and 130k miles. Are there upgrades that are maybe just slightly stiffer than the OEM motor mount?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Look at 034 Motorsport Density @ 60A durometer, or BFI Stage-1 mounts @ 70A durometer. ECS has their own set as well and it is 70A durometer and are equal to BFI Stage1. BFI Stage-2 mounts are 85A durometer. I have BSH mounts and they have a noticeable increase in vibes, but it isn't horrible. BSH do not list the durometer of theirs, but I found a posting that states they are 78A durometer...likely they were shooting for 80A. BSH have a lifetime warranty, so that may be something worth checking on for your selected set.

Last edited:

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
I'm considering an upgraded motor mount but don't want something that drastically increases vibrations in the car. I've got the BSH dogbone mount and insert alreadt but seems my original motor mount might be in need of a refresh - 10 years and 130k miles. Are there upgrades that are maybe just slightly stiffer than the OEM motor mount?
I’ve got 034 Street motor and trans mounts and a poly dog bone insert and the increase in NVH over stock is barely noticeable.