GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LPFP noise

BoTcH

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI
My 06 GTI was idling waaay rougher than it normally does, especially after driving it a bit hard.
I changed the HPFP, but that didn't help, I changed the LPFP and that didn't help either.
I know that MKVs normally idle a bit rough, but it's idling as if it's about to stall.

Anyhow, do any of the MKV owners hear noise from the LPFP when idling after the car has reached normal operating tempratures? I can hear noise from the LPFP, (the new one, and the old one when I put it back in). That noise goes away if I slightly rev the engine up.

BoTcH

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Log block 231 and see what your low pressure at idle is

I don't have access to Vagcom.
I do however have a CEL p2293, intermittent mechanical malfunction for the fuel pressure regulator. I have it for quite some time without having any performance issues.
I have ordered the control unit to the one on the LPFP, that's the only thing left out after changing both pumps, and both the High and Low pressure sensors, along with the fuel filter.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there can hear noise coming from the pump at idle.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
I don't have access to Vagcom.

For your own sake please change that if you plan on keeping the car more than another couple months. I just sold mine, they pop up used all the time on classifieds for reasonable prices.

BoTcH

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Turned out to be the oil filter was pretty much busted. I'm glad that I changed the oil and filter in time.
It doesn't idle rough anymore, but I still hear the pump noise. Vagcom cable on its way. But I feel more comfortable now with my 120 mile daily commute