GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

G28/p1093

langer

i fix teefs
I was plugging along around 60 mph on the highway and gave it about 75% throttle, causing the car to jerk, sputter and then smooth out. CEL popped up. I initially thought misfire, but the codes say no. Happened a couple more times when I gave it moderate throttle on the way home, and it was a lot jerkier at lower speeds when it happened. Fuel cut feeling. P1093 and g28 issues. Is the g28 sensor causing the p1093? Thoughts? I've never seen these codes and I've seen my fair share on this car. Running a bsh intake, pcv block off, apr pump, stage 2 hpfp uni. Fuel filter is original and I'm at 90k miles.
Thanks all

Zach L

VR junkie
Replace the faulty sensor. Before replacing, check wires and plug to see it's connected. Might be loose.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

MKVDC10562

meow
Car(s)
2012 Golf R
Are you saying that you have a factory fuel filter in your car as in you've never replaced it? I'd start with that if it was my car

langer

i fix teefs
Yea those cam sensors almost never go bad. I'd diag before just changing the sensor.

Isn't that different from the g28 (engine speed sensor) though?

Also, is there any point in spending ~90 dollars more on the oem sensor over the $70 bosch one? Ecs has oem for $160.

Last edited:

Zach L

VR junkie
Isn't that different from the g28 (engine speed sensor) though?

Also, is there any point in spending ~90 dollars more on the oem sensor over the $70 bosch one? Ecs has oem for $160.
No, go Bosch.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk