GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Epc light

HeytredSpartan

HeytredSpartan
Car(s)
Gti
My etp light Came on on highway and car just went limp. Car is stock with air intake and no tunes. Tried starting it and it turns over but won't run. Tried unplugging the battery for a bit and nothing. Check all fluids and everything that I could see visually and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I read a few forums that said it could be from your ecu to hpfp. Any can give me any clues on where to start so I don't get parts I don't need

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Did a message pop-up in the display with the Epic light?? You need to have the car scanned for trouble codes.

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
The belt may have been the result, not the cause. That video you posted a few months ago had a nasty tensioner sounding noise - that may have led to this unfortunately. Have you pulled the head yet?

HeytredSpartan

HeytredSpartan
Car(s)
Gti
yeah pulled everything but the water pump. The belt tensioner was hard to spin and the idler rollers were good but I'll swap those out. Should I change the water pump since its been changed 25k ago?

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
yeah pulled everything but the water pump. The belt tensioner was hard to spin and the idler rollers were good but I'll swap those out. Should I change the water pump since its been changed 25k ago?

personally i'd do all the components while it's apart. just so I know it's all new.

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
with that low mileage on the water pump, it's a toss up.

if inexpensive, I'd do it, and perhaps sell your low mileage one