GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Rice Buys A Minivan

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
i do not want to own any VW except for a golf r or a gsw awd from after 2014. they started making models with bloat and features i have no interest in haha. after dieselgate, essentially, ive been very unimpressed for the most part with their entire line up. things that would get me excited with VAG cars as a whole - a wagon golf r; a hatchback rs3, some sort of non-lifted a4 estate, etc. things that we don't get in NA basically.

mostly because i daily a 4runner and she loves the size and feel of her little focus. so something similar makes her happy. small, peppy, hatchback, easy to park literally anywhere. ill be the first to admit that shes a better city driver than me. im too ohio and used to big honking space.
If you can find a gen3 Mazda3 hatchback with the 2.5/6MT, they're great cars. Depending on how much 'pep' she's after, DRTuned has given my wife's the little extra it needed, and it's actually a fairly fun car up through highway speeds. It's not straightline fast like my GTI is, but it's a suprisingly engaging car. I don't know much about the 4th gen, I've heard good things but generally from older guys looking for a little more comfort, though I hear the torsion beam in the back isn't as bad as it sounds. Either way, I've been turned into a pretty big Mazda fan. The early 2.5Ts seemed to have some head issues, but it sounds like in the later iterations they've been resolved.

this.....mine was my DD for 10 yrs, then it semi-retired when I bought my Mustang. Now it only gets used about 2-3K year. I am thinking it will be the last truck I own unless weirdness happens. New frame, <150K miles on a quality era Toyota, I'm old.

pics for clicks

View attachment 304056
I keep thinking about an S550 with the ecoboost for an AX car, I'm just not sure how I'll do with the size overall. But I've got a bit of a soft spot for Mustangs, my best friend of many years used to have a 2.3T swapped foxbody that was an absolute riot til it picked up the front end and twisted the floor pan. Now he's got a procharged 5.0 with a bunch of chassis and suspension goodies to hopefully make it autocross-worthy, though the procharger might be coming off in order to make more usable power.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
the suv/cuv craze is just returning all of us back to how cars used to be before they got all low and wide in the forties.

View attachment 304054

look at that ground clearance and overall shape.

Having a hard time tracking it down atm on the Goog, but wasn't the rear styling of one of the more recent MB CoupeUV's (GLC?) inspired by a Wehrmacht vehicle?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Having a hard time tracking it down atm on the Goog, but wasn't the rear styling of one of the more recent MB CoupeUV's (GLC?) inspired by a Wehrmacht vehicle?
Oh MB has some history.......

1714503801852.jpeg

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Oh MB has some history.......

I meeeeeeeeeean, we are posting on a Volkswagen forum.

But outside of the Beetle, I can't think of a current/recent model that looks like it was inspired by VW's achival footage from 1933-1945.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
you know how in evolution on a long enough timeline every non-crab crustacean becomes a crab?

that's basically how cars are working as well.

on a long enough timeline every non-CUV vehicle will become a CUV.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Did you know horseshoe crabs aren't actually crabs, but spiders?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Did you know horseshoe crabs aren't actually crabs, but spiders?
Spiders and horseshoe crabs are both arachnids, horseshoe crabs are not spiders. That's like saying a scorpion or a mite are a spider, because they're also arachnids.

Holy n00b

cb1111

this.....mine was my DD for 10 yrs I got it new at a decent price (2006), then it semi-retired when I bought my Mustang. Now it only gets used about 2-3K year. I am thinking it will be the last truck I own unless weirdness happens. New frame, <150K miles on a quality era Toyota, I'm old.

pics for clicks

View attachment 304056
That's one weird looking truck.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i had that exact truck (the tacoma x-runner) back in 2016. it was sweet, obviously slow and not very trucklike. but i liked it a lot. handled awesome (for a truck) yet rode well, and could do donuts and stuff.