GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Rice Buys A Minivan

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I can connect you with my friends that are on tuned mk8s. Three gtis, and one R. They rip... no issues... just the clutches that are at risk.
Have any had clutch issues with stg 1 GTI?

The mk8 GTI now has the mk7 R's clutch, so should be better than the mk7 GTI clutch, which held up well for me, but again, I never gave WOT in 5th or 6th and only WOT in 4th at higher RPMs. If I was passing on a two lane, I'd drop to 3rd and let er rip.

My understanding is the issue with slipping is caused by low RPM, high torque, and the increased resistance from higher gears.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
Have any had clutch issues with stg 1 GTI?

The mk8 GTI now has the mk7 R's clutch, so should be better than the mk7 GTI clutch, which held up well for me, but again, I never gave WOT in 5th or 6th and only WOT in 4th at higher RPMs. If I was passing on a two lane, I'd drop to 3rd and let er rip.

My understanding is the issue with slipping is caused by low RPM, high torque, and the increased resistance from higher gears.
No issues so far.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Morning wood

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Lmao

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
know its shopped but damn
1709649614363.png

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
love when retail customers call me while they're driving to get prices on shit then don't have their vin ready and you can hear them digging round the car.

like just call me when you get to where youre going.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
what is the '380' trim all about again?