GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ClutchMasters FX250 Question...

jasonleeobrien

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI FSI
...So, I got my new CM FX250 (clutch and flywheel) installed the very end of April 2015. This past week I've been noticing that once going, I'll put my foot down and the clutch starts slipping. I don't have a crazy tune on it or anything... just a Unitronic Stage 1+. Also, I don't drive it like a *complete* monkey 24/7 but I do drive a little spirited from time to time so I don't think it's outside of what you might call 'normal' operation for the car/clutch.

I called ClutchMasters and they said the slave cylinder might have failed/leaked possibly causing slippage but they'd like pics of it out of the car before I sent it back to them to be looked at for a possible warranty swap.

Has anyone else ran into this kind of issue? Was there a simple fix or am I going to have to drop another ~$1000 for another one?

Any comments/suggestions, etc. are greatly appreciated!

vath

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
you poor soul.... i once had a Clutchmasters FX250 setup in my APR2 car, it only lasted 30,000 miles before it started slipping, and I never drive it too hard... see this post: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3786154&postcount=144

I eventually went with the HS Tuning RSR Clutch Kit and a new Dual Mass Flywheel (LUK DMF131). :thumbsup:

My set up is back to NO vibration noise and a stock pedal feel... as best i can remember. The RSR Clutch Kit went in at 89,770 miles (10-12-2015), I now have 92,000 miles. Almost 3 months with a very short commute. I'm VERY happy with this clutch setup. The main difference is that this clutch catches very close to the floor. That was a little difficult to get used to, but i just moved my seat forward and now hit the pedal to the floor at each shift.

good luck diagnosing your clutch... Clutchmasters wanted me to remove and return mine to them before they would do much more than just discount new parts... after I had the RSR kit installed i just threw out the clutchmasters junk...