GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Choosing the right PCV-valve... ?

2stroke

Car(s)
VAG cars.
Wife has a TSI engine in her car.
Engine works incredibly well, but drinks a lot of oil.
( I only put 100 % fully synthetic oil 5w-40 in it. )
Was thinking of changing the PCV-valve to see if it gets a little better,

I then contacted my nearest VW-dealer who told me that according to the latest updated ETKA,
the PCV-valve it is apparently available in 2 different versions with 2 different part numbers ! o_O

According to ETKA the latest updated versions of both PCV-valves is:
#
06H 103 495 AH
# 06H 103 495 AJ

....So even the VW-dealer couldn't tell me what the difference is and/or why one should use one or the other !?!?

According to some searching on the WWW the only difference between them
is that one of them has one internal non-return valve and that the other version has two internal non-return valves.

1. Which part number represents which version ?
2. Which one should I choose and why ?
3. Advantages and disadvantages ?
4. Anything else that is good to replace at the same time as replacing the PCV-valve ?
:unsure:

PCV ventil exempel.jpg

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Based on what I am seeing; it seems AH is for a certain build period...pre-2014.
I would think you should refer to the part number of the original PCV, which you didn't mention, and only swap in one that is the latest revision of the PCV meant for it.

I found this (below), but it seems vague at best. It does mention a possible ECU update may be required.
When you spoke to your local VW dealer, did you speak to a parts guy or a tech? If was a parts guy....I would go down there and speak to a service tech instead. It also seems to point to the Rev.-AH is more likely the one suited for the older models.

aa.png

2stroke

Car(s)
VAG cars.
I would think you should refer to the part number of the original PCV,
which you didn't mention, and only swap in one that is the latest revision of the PCV meant for it.
The current PCV-valve on the engine has the following part number: 06H 103 495 E

It was an experienced parts guy who still couldn't understand the differences.
Of course he had the VIN-number.

20230911_002149[1].jpg

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
OK...the Rev.-AH is the latest version for Rev.-E.
The only mention of the difference, I read, is the two variances are internally equipped with a different number of valves which direct or redirect the flow of vapors to the intake or turbo. But I've personally seen no confirmation on that.

Best to do; is to always stick with the latest revision of the original. The previous engine, the BPY-EA113, also had a minor change in its PCV design. Moving one of its one-way valves from the PCV assembly to its rear crankcase vent tube to the turbo inlet. So the system can now be mismatched if the other PCV is paired with the wrong rear vent tube.

Last edited:

2stroke

Car(s)
VAG cars.
# 06H 103 495 E has been replaced by # 06H 103 495 AH
Best to do is to always stick with the latest revision of the original.

The two variances # 06H 103 495 AH and 06H 103 495 AJ are internally equipped with a different number of valves which direct or redirect the flow of vapors to the intake or turbo.
But I've personally not seen any confirmation on that.

The previous engine, the EA113 , also had a minor change in its PCV design.
I have a EA888 Gen-2 engine.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Then why not posting this on the MK6 Forum?
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php
The MK5 TSI has the EA888 Gen-1. The EA888 Gen-2 is in the MK6.

The Rev.-AH is still the latest version for Rev.-E you currently have though...right?