GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.9tdi judder/shudder (occasional)

daveabuk

Hi all, first post.

I have a 2006(57) 1.9tdi 105 with 124,000 miles which I have owned for 4 months. Engine code BXE. So far, conrods have not smashed through the bulkhead so that I'm not worried about.
What I'm worried about is the occasional/random juddering I'm getting when pulling off in 1st when going up a slight incline. When I say occasional, I mean any time. Hot or cold weather, hot or cold engine temp, before on after motorway journeys etc.

Few things to add:

I've spoke to a garage and they have advised me that if was the flywheel and clutch to which they changed their mind when I told them it's occasional and said they would need to look into it.

I got two new tyres last week. After, the car was pulling horribly to the right and has now settled down and drives perfectly straight.

Clutch slave cylinder was replaced by last owner prior to selling. Unknown if VW or garage did this.

I also sometimes get a small clunk (no noise but feeling) if I'm cruising to a junction and downshift to second. Almost as if the engine has jolted forward.

There's no obvious movement on the engine from what I can see when idle. The engine cover is shaking vigorously but it's a diesel so I imagine it's just normal.

I will get the car scanned tomorrow to see if an injector may be lazy (I've read that's the correct term) and will report back.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Engine mounts? Injectors? Or indeed flywheel and/or clutch?

Kind regards.