GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

09 GTI tsi DV open circuit

Mrpresident1031

Car(s)
2009 GTI CCTA
Hey all,

I just got my car back after getting the bottom end/ timing done due to bad bearings, long story short I’m currently dealing with a P0033 DV open circuit.

I replaced the DV with no results. Then tested the DV function with vcds including the n75/evap purge valve. The DV seems to not be getting a signal.

How exactly should I be probing the DV signal power? And what signal voltage should I be looking for? Plug appears fine and it was working when I brought it to the shop.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Hey all,

I just got my car back after getting the bottom end/ timing done due to bad bearings, long story short I’m currently dealing with a P0033 DV open circuit.

I replaced the DV with no results. Then tested the DV function with vcds including the n75/evap purge valve. The DV seems to not be getting a signal.

How exactly should I be probing the DV signal power? And what signal voltage should I be looking for? Plug appears fine and it was working when I brought it to the shop.

Do you see power on Pin 1 of the plug to the DV it share power with the N80 and other items.