GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

08 gti value?

Fruhstuck

Hi All,

I have a 2008 gti with 165k on it.To be fair, It needs a bit of love. As much as I would love to restore the car, it needs more work and money in it to get it back than I want to invest. More than what the car's KBB value is. I think i know the answer already, but I'm curious what this community would have to say.

Upstate NY car, so a lot of salt damage. The hood needs replacing from clear coat wearing through. There's a large rusted section on the driver's side door jam. Fairly certain the frame is rusting there too. The engine is sound. Oil changes every 5k. But belts, and common 80 to 100k repairs need to be done again. The cam follower has been replaced every 50k. Exhaust is rusted and probably needs a full replacement. Number of smaller things too like rear trunk latch is going.

Basically the engine is in decent shape, but everything around it has seen better days. The interior is actually in very good condition though.

Kbb gives it a 700 to 2k fair value estimate. The car is in rougher shape than that though. Junkyard estimate 200 to 300$

Someone offered me 400$ for it. Seems fair to me, but curious what others thoughts are.

Thanks