GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Wait, I was promised fewer spokes. 20 is not fewer than 10 suddenly, is it?!

You’re seriously harshing my Motorsport Gold dreams.

Last edited:

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Wait, I was promised fewer spokes. 20 is not fewer than 10 suddenly, is it?!

You’re seriously harshing my Motorsport Gold dreams.

That was likely due to the vague communication on my part, as I haven't been able to be too specific with details prior to the official launch for these new wheel designs. That said, when I was referring to less spokes, I was referencing the upcoming Flow Formed design in comparison to the current Flow Formed SM-10. Apologies for the confusion there!

-Geirsen

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
That was likely due to the vague communication on my part, as I haven't been able to be too specific with details prior to the official launch for these new wheel designs. That said, when I was referring to less spokes, I was referencing the upcoming Flow Formed design in comparison to the current Flow Formed SM-10. Apologies for the confusion there!

-Geirsen
Isn’t a version of the 5RS still ten spokes though? I want 7, tell your marketing people to make 7 a thing.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I guess a split 5 spoke counts as less spokes even though the new one sounds like it has the same amount of spokes? Anyways the 5RS is incredible looking wheel and I would take an exact copy flow formed as I can't justify the cost of the forged version.
I agree, I’d do a flow formed in 18 for my “beater” wheels. The stock 19s are not my favorites and require 41psi, which isn’t ideal for rough roads. I’m running 33 psi on the 17s and the ride is so much better, even with 255 200tw.