GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Clutch/Transmission squeal? (with sound clip)

Hey everyone, back in May I had the Clutchmasters FX300 clutch kit with aluminium flywheel installed in my car. I took it nice and easy for 500 miles to break it in properly. Starting in August, the car started to make a sort of squeal from time to time when starting off in first gear, or when...
  2. T

Readiness -> Oxygen Sensor(s): Failed or Incomplete -- Need help (long read)

Car is an '07 VW GTI 6MT. I've had a downpipe installed (March 2008) so that I could get the Stage 2 reflash. After getting the downpipe installed and before getting reflashed, I started having some cooling issues. Even in cold weather (-10 *C) with AC OFF and heater on, it happens that the...
  3. T

Clutchmasters Stage 3 Kit

Clutchmasters Stage 3 Kit **Installed** Update: Well the clutch and aluminum flywheel are in. Clutch pedal is definitely stiffer but nothing bad at all. I like the feeling it gives, unlike the mushy stock clutch. Also the friction point is closer to the floor now, almost as soon as I start...
  4. T

Is my clutch starting to slip?

In higher gears (4,5,6), at low rpms (2500-3000), sometimes I'll punch the gas to pass another car, and the revs will quickly go up by 300 or so rpms, almost as if the tires were spinning, but then would go back down and accelerate normally. I don't let off the gas when this happens. Trying to...