GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

Muffler delete quiet?

After getting my suspension problem sorted out (thanks to all you guys), I figured the next plan of action was to get a muffler and/or resonator delete. I knew very little about the mechanical part of cars when I first purchased this GTI, but I knew that it didn't have a stock exhaust. After I...
  2. N

Need body kit help

I am starting to build up a list of what I want to do to my '07 GTI, and the last thing that I want to add is a body kit (or at least front/rear lips and side skirts). However, after looking around at numerous sites, it's all so much information and it's becoming very stressful figuring out...
  3. N

Lowering car without using sport suspension/coilovers

Are there any alternatives to making my GTI look lower that doesn’t include buying new suspension parts? I’m on a tight budget so I can’t afford coilovers or sport springs, but I hate the stock ride height and wheel gap.
  4. N

Ride Quality Becomes Harsh in 2nd Gear

After spending nearly $3k on repairs in the past two months, I have noticed that my GTI still isn't as smooth as I thought it would be. After doing some research, it seems like some issues are just straight up DSG quirks (like very aggressive engine braking). However, I was wondering if what I...
  5. N

Should I cut my losses and move on?

If you have been frequenting this forum for the past month or so, you might have seen a few of my posts already about all the issues my new MK5 has. I recently brought it into the mechanic to get it checked out, and they pulled up a slew of CEL codes: 00135 (fuel pump/ fuel rail sensor) 01089...
  6. N

DSG quirks, or faulty transmission?

Unfortunately I didn't notice this issue when test driving (didn't really know what it felt like/what to look for at the time), but every time I let the engine roll from a full stop, the car shudders for 1-2 seconds then jolts forward somewhat violently once the shuttering stops, but then it's...
  7. N

Best suspension setup to lower my car?

Went to the shop a few weeks ago and they told me the stock suspension is going bad (has 130k miles on it). Originally, I was just going to let my local shop install new shocks and struts, but they won't install aftermarket parts for me, so I am just going to get a friend to help. However, this...
  8. N

Uneven acceleration at high speeds

I have experienced this a few times now, but most notably on my most recent high speed experience. I was going about 80, and was trying to pass a car so I started to accelerate more, hitting about 4-5k rpm. When I pressed down on the gas, though, I felt my car jolt twice. It wasn’t too...
  9. N

Radio stays on 24/7 after battery jumped

I recently had my battery jumped, and for some reason after I jumped it the radio stays on in my 2007 GTI, even when the car is off and the doors are locked. The weird part is, is that this weird behavior only started happening after my battery died. I thought getting a new battery would solve...
  10. N

Question about the Carfax

So I recently purchased a 2007 GTI, and when the dealer showed me the Carfax, the GTI was listed as a 2007 GTI Fahrenheit. At first this was pretty exciting, but then I got really confused because the GTI is red, and the Fahrenheits came out in orange. Is there any way the Carfax can be false? I...
  11. N

Rough acceleration from a full stop

Hey guys, first post here, so I apologize in advance if I mess up on formatting or miss any rules. Anyways, I just bought a 2007 GTI (130k miles) a few days ago (automatic, completely stock besides a K&N air intake and a chrome tipped exhaust that seems to be cosmetic) and I noticed that...