GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

Highest mileage on a FSI?

I’m at 146k now, just bad timing belt water pump and alternator belt done. It’s due another dsg service at 160k but will get that done at next oil service. I’m just wondering from all you guys on here with fsi engines, have we all done the cam chain and tensioner , it’s something I’ve only...
  2. N

Cold air intake

I made this mod at 136,000 miles, I have put 10k on it with no issues. The revo brand I bought I very well engineered and doesn’t throw CEL or other lights , have had zero issues with it. I also installed a gfb dv+ at the time as well. Gives a nice turbo sound when you put the power down
  3. N

Tailgate wiring loom broken

Thank you for that, I’ll see can I find the diagram thanks again best off just buying a new one anyway as I know these fail anyway so would have had to splice it or replace it at some stage Thanks a lot for the info
  4. N

Thanks a mil really appreciated smartest thing to do is connect at the relays then take off the connectors that connect on the tailgate itself then colour code what’s left so I know what connector it goes into. It’s only the main loom that’s confusing other two splices that are on the loom...
  5. N

yes it sucks for sure I’m gonna try join up the 6 small white wires tomorrow as a last ditch attempt, I’ve now also noticed that the high level brake light ain’t working either even though I crimped the two cables back on all as a result of installing jom led, I had to run the extra wires...
  6. N

Hi I have an issue where I had to install a new rubber. Grommet in the tailgate left side, I cut the wires from the harness in order to get new grommet on. I colour coded cables both side of the cut and taped off the piece I had to pull through the grommet. my colour codings came off when...
  7. N

Cold air intake

Hi there since no one has chimed in on this yet, the most popular ones I know of are the forge twintake, neuspeed p flo and bsh tru seal , depends on your budget. I myself have the revo intake , they are popular here in Europe , I am tuned stage 1 with a scorpion catback
  8. N

Post up your mileage!

I’m 2008 gti mkv fsi engine, I’m at 147,000 miles, full service history. Stage 1 revo Revo cold air intake Scorpion cat back Racing line springs and dampers Racing line anti lift kit 034 mounts Timing belt water pump and all other belts done 1 week ago Servicing every 5k miles
  9. N

I’ve made a balls of installing rear led lights

Thanks for the links , I’m talking to the guy in video 1 on YouTube and see can I get some insight , guy in video 2 I have no idea how they wired from the rear of the tailoght there is no holes that would allow them to pass through might end up cutting all the cableslocated under the grommet...
  10. N

Thanks so much for the reply, I’ve ordered replacement part as I know now that the clip on the grommet has to come off a certain way which I think the part of the clip broke somehow when taking it off , when replacement comes maybe I will cut the wires in the grommet and put them back together...
  11. N

As title suggests I’ve got the jom type 2 rear led lights ive installed them to the car no issues when coming to wire them I can’t fit them through the boot lid rubber grommet it’s not wide enough I think one of the clips broke on the rubber grommet attaching to the car body has anyone...
  12. N

Stone chips

Thank you very much for the response , I have ordered a kit which has the items required I will give it a go myself ?
  13. N

MkV wheel/tire fitment guide

Thanks a mil much appreciated ?
  14. N

Thanks a mil for that much appreciated so if I changed from the stock wheel the option I have for team dynamics pro race wheel is 8 inch width and offset of 45 so I think the only difference is half inch more width and lose 6 on the offset versus standard monza wheel, presume that would be ok?
  15. N

Guys I’m having issue viewing the image of the setups , I’m on stick rims Monza 18” with225/40/18 tires. I’m thinking about gettin team Dynamics pro race, what dimension would be ok? I run the racing line spring and damper kit so I’ve only a moderate drop in ride height , thanks
  16. N

Stone chips

Hi there have a 2008 mkv gti in white, multiple small stone chips on bonnet and one small one on passenger wing can I try tackle this myself and get some touch up paint or am I just better off leaving it to a professional they are all small in size but don’t want to leave it thanks
  17. N

Cold air intake- worth it?

Hi I’m at 140k miles and have been thinking of some upgrades for my gti mkv. Car was revo stage 1 when I bought it, aside from that am stock. I’ve read so many differing stories on intakes I just wanted to see what the status quo is on them I was thinking of getting a bsh true seal intake...
  18. N

130k mile DSG- what to consider

Hi , A 2008 3 door dsg has come up for sale in a local dealership who i have had lots of work done on my on mkv, it’s owned by one of the guys there. The car has had full history and all the dsg changes done, serviced at correct intervals etc. Aside from the usual areas to consider when...
  19. N

3” catback with new stock cat

Hi, So I think my cat is shot , I’m getting rattled from it when accelerating, and also can hear it rattle when going over a bump. In the case that I do replace it with oem cat, if I get a 3” catback system is there any pitfalls of doing same. I’m not intending to go stage 2 so if I would...
  20. N

Thud noises on roundabout

Hi , Looking for opinions , getting a repeated thud noise when cornering tightly (roundabouts for instance) 2x CV joints and boots done 2 weeks ago as was getting some clicking noises previously so I know they are not bad. The subframe spacers were also done at the time as well. Any ideas of...