GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Y

Trouble-shooting the CAN bus

My 2008 R32 had an issue from day one that with an RNS-510, the MFD in the dashboard would lose navigation menus, radio menus, etc. (stuff sent over from the RNS) after running ok for a few minutes. After that, those menus and display would no longer work in the MFD, until I restart the car. I...
  2. Y

Position sensor on a non-nav R

I am confused about if my R has a compass module or not (position sensor). My R came without the navigation unit, so does this mean that it has a compass module? I've seen other people say that our R's don't come with one, regardless.
  3. Y

FS: RNS 510

Unit sold. Purchased last year. Need the money. Unit in great condition and with the latest 3M map (plus custom POI for speed trap and speed cam) loaded. $1400 shipped to USA locations or local pickup. Unit information: 3C0 035 684A firmware 0380 Sirius radio never activated; therefore...
  4. Y

Orange County Alignment Shop for R32

Hello, I am looking for a good alignment shop in Orange County (as close to Orange County as possible) to do a 4-wheel alignment on my R32 after the installation of a set of HPA coilovers. Thank you.
  5. Y

Remove wipers during suspension install?

I am going to be installing an SHS to my R32. From my memories of looking at installation DIY's, I don't remember if anyone has actually removed the wipers in order to get the piece of plastic cover that covers the top of the front struts off. I was just looking at the car, and found that it...
  6. Y

Two pairs of MKV Golf stock rear tail lights

One set from my GTI when I swapped out to Euro tails, and one set from my R32 when I swapped out to LED tails. Prefer to sell in sets. $100 per set OBO. 1 set = two main tail lights, and two inner tail lights Local pickup preferred. If shipping, please pay shipping. Thanks. NOTE: U.S...
  7. Y

FS: GTI brake setup

I've upgraded to the R32 brakes on my GTI, and I am selling my set of GTI stock brake setup. All parts under 4K miles. I would prefer to sell locally to avoid the heavy shipping charges for the buyer. I am in Irvine, California. All parts are included, EXCEPT the caliper guide pins (had to...
  8. Y

Beyond track 99 with Nav/iPod combination

This is a cross posting from Vortex. Please respond if you know. I just noticed that I cannot go beyond track 99 with Nav/iPod combination in my GTI. I read the manual for the iPod interface, and it said that you can go beyond track 99 if you use the "button." Well, it isn't very clear which...
  9. Y

South Orange County Tint Shop Recommendation

Hello, Finally got my car. I'd like to get the same Llumar tint (semi-reflective) on my car. Would you please recommend a shop near Lake Forest, Tustin area that is good at what they are doing? Thank you.
  10. Y

Backing up the Nav DVD

Has anyone been successful in making a working backup of the Nav DVD? If you have, please share your method. I've tried several things now, but none worked.
  11. Y

Door Runner Strip for 5-Door

I can't seem to find a manufacturer for those nice door runners that I bought for my Passat for the MKV 5-door. They are great for protecting the paint from being scuffed up by people's shoes when they get in and out of the car. Do you guys know of such a kit for the MKV 5-door? Thank you.
  12. Y

How thick of a spacer to clear the brake?

The GTI I ordered (to be here on May 21st) has the stock Huf 18" wheels. I am shopping for BBK, either a Stoptech set or a set from ECS with Cayenne calipers. I am confused as to how thick of a spacer do I need to clear the brakes. Since I do not have the car yet, I cannot use the templates...