GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. doc280

FSI camshaft tools for sale. [ Sold ]

For sale: 1) Assenmacher T10252 camshaft locking tool This is the solid camshaft locking tool, made in the USA 2) Volkswagen T40080 poly drive socket 3)Volkswagen T10020 timing belt tensioner tool 4) Volkswagen timing chain pin $100.00 shipped Payment with PayPal
  2. doc280

Changing out FSI timing chain.....loaner tools

I believe it maybe a good idea to change out the timing chain and tensioner. Does anyone here have the proper tools, willing to loan out or rent. I hate to buy a one time use tool and the cheap ones seem dicey at best.
  3. doc280

Front turn signal holder

My front turn signal holder has seen better days. I have been unable to find the part or even a part number. Can anyone help?
  4. doc280

Sticking HID Shutter

Does anyone know if it is possible to deactivate the shutters in the headlights to prevent them from going into high beam mode. The reason I ask is because I have one which gets stuck in the high beam mode and I either have to smack the headlight or hit a bump in the road to get it back down...
  5. doc280

WTB MK5 GTI mud flaps

Does anyone have a set of OEM mud flaps, they would like to let go of?
  6. doc280

Rear Brake Dragging

Flushed the brakes, just for maintenance and the left rear pads are dragging slightly. Really confused how this has happened. I jacked the car up and I can spin the wheel four to five rotations and the right will spin about ten rotations, with the same force. Builds up a little more heat than...
  7. doc280

Silicone Coolant Hoses

Has anyone here tried a silicon coolant hose kit from eBay? I have looked but have been unable to locate a review. The price is really good...
  8. doc280

Restore Your Headlights Cheap and Quickly.

As I was watching some car videos, on Youtube, a recommended video popped up, "Restoring Your Headlights In Three Minutes". I had to take a look and I must say I was impressed. Bad weather outside and being a little bored, to the garage I went. Just a little background when I purchased my...
  9. doc280

Update Subframe, Wheels Up.

To add the updated Passat bolts and spacers to the subframe, do the front wheels have to be off the ground?
  10. doc280

MK5 GTI on the Cheap

The formula I will be using: I will be dividing the cost and maintenance of the vehicle by the mileage driven. I will not throw in the fuel, property taxes, insurance nor when I decide to throw some quarters into the local spray car wash. However if a nonessential item is purchased to improve...
  11. doc280

Fuel line connector button

I was going to change out the fuel filter, but discovered the the button is missing on one of the fuel line connectors. Afraid to mess with it right now. Does anyone know where I can find the button or a connector so I can rob it. Hate to replace a entire fuel line because of this. Thanks
  12. doc280

GTI Headlights Bright, But Can't see S^!#.

This is the problem I had and this is how I corrected it. I looked all over the inter web and found all kinds of answers from igniters, to ballast, to bulbs, to sensors, with no clear answers. Symptoms I had was the right headlight threw a scattered bean to the right and high, but very little...
  13. doc280

190000 miles.

I purchased my 2007 GTI last month and it has 190000 miles on it. Since I really did not have much maintenance history, I just completed this round of maintenance. 1) Oil Change and filter. 2) Air Filter 3) Spark Plugs 4) Cabin Filter 5) Cam Follower 6) Timing Belt 7) Water Pump 8) Idler...