GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

There's gasoline where it shouldn't be.

2006 VW GTI I recently pulled the engine and was just finishing up putting it back in. I made the mistake of reversing the fuel supply and return lines on the in tank fuel pump. Before I realized the fuel lines were mixed up I was attempting to prime the fuel system and was met with fuel...
  2. D

Sheared flywheel bolts!

Long story short, two of my flywheel bolts backed out, and the other four sheared off. https://i.imgur.com/u3cBGEl.jpg My question is, do you guys think I need to replace the crankshaft? It looks a little beat up.
  3. D

Blown tranny? Clutch?

Last week, just as I was pulling into the parking lot at work, my clutch pedal started vibrating, and a terrible grinding noise started from underneath my GTI. I barely managed to limp into a parking spot before I had to dash inside to get to work. Afterwards, when I tried to start the engine...
  4. D

Interior rattle!

I've got this rattling noise that sounds like it is coming from the drivers side interior somewhere inside the dash. It happens at around 2-3k rpm under throttle, and I can't figure out where it is coming from! I've taken as much of the drivers side dash apart as I feel comfortable doing...
  5. D

WTB K03 for FSI engine

My turbo blew a while back, and I've finally decided to get around to replacing it. I'd like to just get a K03 and do a direct swap. UPDATE: A user PMed me, and I have purchased a K03 from them.
  6. D

Experiencing fuel cuts!

Just DIY'd my timing belt and water pump. After the install, the car started up and idled just fine (so I assume the timing is correct?), but I have begun to experience fuel cuts at about 4500rpm. The engine will also occasionally stall out when I put the car into neutral from freeway speeds...
  7. D

External wastegate conversion?

Please don't judge me.. This is to fix my turbo, not for the noise. :help: The wastegate flapper on my K03 is destroyed, and only holds about 2 pounds of boost. Other than buying a new turbo, the only other solution I've been able to come to is converting the K03 to an external wastegate. Would...
  8. D

WTB: FSI K03 or K04/F23T

The wastegate flapper on my K03 is destroyed, and I'd rather not do an external wastegate conversion. Looking to replace the turbo, or upgrade to something that'll bolt on without any hassle. (2006 GTI) Edit: Found a turbo. Thanks for looking.